Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
poiqwepoi
My Device: developer

Multiple Bluetooth devices through USB

Hello all,

Is it possible to connect multiple external Bluetooth USB dongles to the BBz10?   If yes, where would I find a list of  supported BT dongles?

Thank you!

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: Multiple Bluetooth devices through USB

What do you mean by bluetooth USB dongle?
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
poiqwepoi

A USB Bluetooth adapter, which enables you to access bluetooth through USB.  The goal is to add Bluetooth troughput capacity to the BBZ10 by attaching a USB hub to the Z10 and one or more Bluetooth adapters to the HUB.

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Just so that I understand clearly, Bluetooth is built into the Z10 already, but you want to add a Bluetooth dongle to the USB port on the Z10 so that you can have an additional Bluetooth adaptor available on the Z10 in order to increase the Bluetooth bandwidth?

And if that works you want to try to add a USB hub to the USB port on the Z10 so that you can add a thrid/fourth/fith bluetooth adaptor?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
poiqwepoi

Exactly.

I just realized that when I logged in I switch from the developer to the general support so the question might appear as wierd for a general usage.   I am looking at developing a medical application which needs parallel data streaming which motivates the added Bluetooth adapters

Thank you..  

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

The Z10 does not support USB host mode or OTG, so you can't add USB devices. Besides, it would not work because:

1. the Z10 would need drivers for the BT stick and
  2. interference between the BT sticks in close proximity would likeley reduce the bandwidth

Go for Wifi.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands