Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
amccants
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Need to update application description and screenshots

I need to update my application’s description and screenshots on App World.  My understanding is that I need to “Add a New Product”.  If that is correct, how do I ensure that my existing users will get an update notification as well as have the old version deleted during the installation?  Alternatively, is there a way to submit a new version that includes the aforementioned updates?

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Need to update application description and screenshots

Don't use "Add New Product", this will create new app and you don't want to do this.

Just enter Vendor portal, go to Manage Products, find your app and click on Edit (pencil-like button). After that look at Tabs Description and Graphics, make the changes and save.

After you make the needed changes new ticket will be created, RIM staff will check the changes and after they approve it, the new description and screenshots will be visible at BB App World. Note that the whole procedure may take few days.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

Re: Need to update application description and screenshots

If you're trying to update the app as well as the description & screenshots, there's no way to do those together; one or other will go through first, possibly days or even weeks apart.

You could unpublish the product, wait a day for it to get un-listed, submit all the changes, wait for all of them to get approved, then wait another few days for the caches to update (you'll be lucky if they all do, even after a few days), and then re-post for sale.

Then, cancel the next month of movie dates to make up for the lost money.