Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Robotuner
My Device: Not Specified

New Application Submission - What does a zipped release file look like

I am trying to submit my first application to BB.  Having worked my way to the step six.  The instructions say: "If you wish to create a new release and populate it manually, choose "Add Release". You may also "Import a Release..." from a ZIP file containing directories which encompass your COD files and define your File Bundles."

To be honest, I'm not sure what this means.  I assume that I am submitting a single release with a bunch of COD and .jad files for each OS that I have compiled to.  In my directory I have prepared the following directoy tree:

productOS-008

OS4.2.1

OS4.3

OS4.5

OS4.6

OS4.6.1

OS4.7

Within each OS4.X.X directory I have my productname.cod and productname.jad files.

It seems I can zip this file to them, and they should be able to figure out what it means, . . .but I'm not at all certain that human eyes will be looking at this.  It's not clear to me if I need to provide a list of model numbers (9000, 8500,8300, etc) and specifically say which OS directory should be applied, or if they already know which OS version is compatible with which model.

Can someone who has gone through this help me out?

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14

Re: New Application Submission - What does a zipped release file look like

Sounds like you're pretty close.

Working from memory but I think the following is correct....

I create builds for 4.2, 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7 and add to a zip file.

The zip file that contains one folder for each OS that contains cod and jad files. The app loader page reads the zip and either extracts the folder names or reads the jad files in each folder (can't recall which).

Either way the release info is displayed in the lower half of the app loader screen. You then have to assign the correct os to each of the folders/jads.

If I recall correctly there's also an option to select the devices - but since OS 4.5 is an option for pretty well all devices I don't restrict bulds to a device. Then again given the weird device/font combinations out there it might not be a bad idea (15 point italic bold on a Pearl!!!) unless you're controlling fonts tightly.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jonberry

I don't think you need to include any jad files.

Please use plain text.
Developer
toddustby

Robotuner,

Did you get the Zip files to work and is your app on the app store for sale?  Did you downloaded it off the BB App store to make sure it works?

Thanks,

Todd

Please use plain text.