Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
g0ehu
My Device: 9860 and 32GB Playbook

New BlackBerry World (web based)

Has anybody else noticed that, since the upgrade from AppWorld to BlackBerry World on the web, some app reviews have gone missing?

Some of my apps now have no reviews at all when before they did and one app only shows 2 reviews when there used to be many more!

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: New BlackBerry World (web based)

g0ehu, are all those reviews on a single platform? Part of the change that's occurring this month is to separate the reviews by platform in some fashion, so if you have a mix of PlayBook and BB10 users, they will not (as I understand it) see each others reviews. There's a devblog post about this from several months ago.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
g0ehu

All of the missing reviews are for OS5,6 & 7 applications.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

Did you check the vendor portal entries for your products, to see whether all the missing reviews are still listed there and maybe were simply rejected based on some change in policy or anything like that?

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
g0ehu

Yes, I've checked in the vendor portal and all reviews are still there and approved. Perhaps I'll just wait for a few days to see if these problems get 'ironed out' as it is still new.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

I'd agree with that approach. Personally, I'm expecting numerous little upheavals until BB10 has launched, and maybe (though hopefully not!) for a short time thereafter.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg
My Device: Not Specified

I have mix of reviews from playbook, dev alpha and z10 (from RIM staff). now

from web interface, it only shows 1 review (from z10), web interface default to BB10?

from playbook, it shows all playbook reviews.

from dev alpha B, it shows nothing, dev alpha reviews are gone.

from vendor portal backend, it shows correct total number of reviews, but when I enter, i got an empty list.

BTW, in web interface, supported devices only has one device: PlayBook, while my app supports both Playbook and BB10 touch devices.

And in web interface, line breaks in description are all gone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
g0ehu

Yes I also noticed that line breaks had disappeared. Lets hope it all gets sorted out soon!

@Peter9477 - Just looking at your White Noise app on the web based version of Appworld it has no reviews but on my Playbook it has got lots. Is it the same for you or something in my settings on the PC.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jaiaca
My Device: Z10

Same thing with me, and on the alpha dev BlackBerry World no apps have reviews....They did say that they'll be splitting out the reviews. And as developers we all know that any time you do a system upgrade this huge, something will go wrong :smileyhappy:

Microsoft has similar issues when they upgraded their store front too, if anyone remembers that - couldn't submit or download apps for a few days

I'm sure things will get sorted out. Better now than at Jan 30th!
Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

@g0ehu, all the reviews for White Noise are for the PlayBook version, so maybe the web page is just showing stuff that's going to be available on BB10, as part of the changeover.

I see the description is totally munged (just one big paragraph) as you said.

The supported devices lists only PlayBook although it is approved for BB10 as well. Says 4.5 stars even though it has 5 for the PlayBook.

Screenshots are still from the PlayBook, though the icon is the updated one but that's because there aren't separate product icons for the different devices yet.

In short: pretty much as completely messed up as one could make it if one tried. ;-)

If this were a BBOS app selling lots, I might be concerned, but it's just a simple little PlayBook app so I'm not personally bothered for now.

Please use plain text.