Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Visitor
lpiwowarek
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 4036194250

New release submission gives invalid binary file error?

Hi,

I'm trying to post new release to Appworld as I have done twice before. I've created the Bundle folders with devices.txt and cod files in them. I then created release.xml file and put it in the root of the folder. Zipped the folder with 7zip (into .zip) then sent it to be uploaded. Everytime I try to upload the file I get the following error:

Invalid binary file (release.xml4870368427114485616.xml)

Contents of my release.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Release version="2.0.5">
    <ReleaseNotes>All devices listed running BlackBerry OS 5.0+ will support all features. Devices on BlackBerry OS 4.5 & 4.6, plus any supported devices that do not have Wi-Fi hardware will not be able to use the Wi-Fi scanning/logging.
    </ReleaseNotes>
    <filebundle name="EnglishBundle_4.5.0">
        <language>en_us</language>
    </filebundle>
    <filebundle name="EnglishBundle_5.0.0">
    </filebundle>
    <filebundle name="EnglishBundle_6.0.0">
    </filebundle>
    <filebundle name="EnglishBundle_7.0.0">
    </filebundle>
</Release>

I used Notepad++ to edit the file. I've got no idea what is wrong - this always worked before.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rocbottom
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New release submission gives invalid binary file error?

This issue has been going on for some time now, and frankly is ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed.  We reported the issue on or around the 12th of December, and happily received a reply on the 15th of December.  The reply is as follows:

We are aware of the issues with the Import Release functionality and hope to have it fixed shortly. 

You can still create the updates manually, although will be more work.  We apologize for this.

And here it is the 27th of December and this issue still persists. Unfortunately another example of the apathy RIM/BBAW has for their Developer Community. It's a shame as a lot of good talent has left the space and are now actively developing on Android and IOS.

Would really like to hear what the reason for such a delay could possibly be. Maybe BBAW resources are listening to all of the garbage being written about the demise of RIM, and have given up hope.  And given up making an honest effort to keep BBAW running smoothly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alsidorov
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: None

Still have the same issue. Is there any solution for this?

Please use plain text.
Developer
alishaik786
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Not Specified

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Release version="2.0.5">
<ReleaseNotes>A small description here;
</ReleaseNotes>
</Release>
=================================================================================
Feel free to click LIKE button if the solution helps you;
--
Regards,

ALI SHAIK.
Please use plain text.
Developer
udik
My Device: Not Specified

Hi! I know it's been a long while, just got hit by this amazing issue again... do you know what it is, what is the workaround etc?

Thanks!

Udi

Please use plain text.