Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
mbamobile
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

No access to original Code Signing Keys

The company I work for hired a third party to develop our mobile app, but then later we took it back in-house.  The third party had already put out a release for us prior to us taking over the code though.  Now I can't get any of the third party developers to send me the csk file(s) that they used to sign the release.  We have a massive update for the app that we are ready to release, but we want it to show as an update to the current release, and not a new app.  It's my understanding that we have to use the same signing keys as before to make this happen though.

Assuming I never get the csk(s) from the third party, what are my options?

BlackBerry Technical Advisor
JordanMc
My Device: Top Secret BlackBerry 10 device

Re: No access to original Code Signing Keys

Hi mbamobile,

If this is a PlayBook application, just contact us here and we will clear the package ID from your application: https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

After that you can use a new signing key to sign your application and upload it to App World.  The only downside of this is users will have two icons for your application after they download the new release.

If this is a BBOS application (.cod files) you can sign your application with another signing key and upload it without any action on our part.

Thanks,

Jordan

New Contributor
mbamobile

Hi JordanMC,

Thanks for the feedback.  Any idea how long it normally takes to get that package ID cleared for the PlayBook?

Thanks

BlackBerry Technical Advisor
JordanMc
My Device: Top Secret BlackBerry 10 device

Hi mbamobile,

If you used the form from the link I provided above, it usualy takes us 24-48 hours to respond to those.  After we clear the package ID, you can upload the new release immediately.

-Jordan

New Contributor
mbamobile

Excellent.  Thanks for the feedback!