Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

Re: PETITION: Let us reply to user reviews

There's another point, some people ask questions in reviews instead of contacting support, but we have no way to reply.

Putting replies in the description is cumbersome and seems to go unnoticed by many, since they re-post the same comments/questions.
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: orange uk

Agreed. I think we are all sick and tired of reviewers who  A: don't read the description and review accordingly and B: those seeking help and us being unable to do anything.

That said, one reviewer had the "foresite" to include his email address in his Review seeking help...I deleted it after contacting him of course but who knows which undesirables got hold of that...

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I couldnt agree more, my last review was saying just "iPad is way ahead".

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I agree too.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Totally agree.
Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Actually I disagree, I think the App World review system is fine (so long as denied reviews don't affect the public rating).. Seems to me RIM are very good about denying inappropriate reviews and I don't think the reviews section is the appropriate forum for customer support.  When you compare it to the Android Market, I think this one thing RIM have managed to get right.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

[ Edited ]

The denials are working well now, it even works on weekends which is a big help since it used to be a bad review on a Friday would sink you for 3 days.  And I'd rather have the rating not count for denied reviews, as it is now. 

I think it would be even better to add the ability to answer reviews.  There will always be some who post questions and requests in the reviews, answering it there can ward off a lot of support email and show we're responsive.  And many, many times, I'd really rather leave a bad review and answer it, than relegate it to the denial pile.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

I agree surely, the user can be supported easly
Developer
My Device: PP
My Carrier: base(kpn)/BE, t-mobile/PL

I agree!
I think the system of comments should be redesigned - user should be able to delete previously sent comment. "Stars" system is also not perfect - if you upgrade your app and add new features you still have reviews about old, poorer version. But I understand it is difficult to find a way to make everyone happy.
At least vendor should be able to contact the user. Of course there is 'Feedback' option which sends an email to the vendor but not many users use it.
--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C - Q10
My Carrier: Indosat

100% Agree!