Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
nrjg
My Device: BB 10 Dev alpha
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

PayPal account without linked bank card. It is possible?

[ Edited ]

Hello

Is it possible to add PayPal account (to my vendor account) which doesn't have any linked card.

I ask because when I try to add my PayPal acc. I recieve next message: "To pay for this purchase right now, link a debit or credit card to your PayPal account.".

It is because I have a zero balance on my PayPal acc. or I have to link card anyway?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DMA2011
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: PayPal account without linked bank card. It is possible?

If I remember correctly, you only need a small amount in the account so they can place a small charge to verify the account. I moved dollar into the account and it worked- you do not (did not then - but of course may have changed) need to link a bank account.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Re: PayPal account without linked bank card. It is possible?

Hi guys,

The reason for this is because PayPal needs to validate the account it setup with an InstantPayment type.  To do this, they place a mock $0.01 charge on the account that much process instantly (ie. a Debit Card may not work).  

It's best to use a PayPal balance as the funding source, or a linked Credit Card.  

Keep in mind, this is only for the registration/initial linking of the account.  This does not affect the ability to receive monthly revenue payments. 

Please use plain text.