Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
eugenevk
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Payment not in sync with download report?!

Got my first Payment Notification and actual payment through Digital River. Fantastic. However, at a closer look at the notification and comparing it with a Purchase / Download Report over the same period (April) they are not in sync. The download report shows more downloads than I got paid for. The notification also says that you can send an e-mail to rimsupport@digitalrivers.com in case of any questions, but that e-mail address returns with an undeliverable error. So far no response from RIM nor Digital Rivers (who I tried to contact via their sales channel).
Does anybody else has similar experience?
Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Please use plain text.
Developer
RottenOgre
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Payment not in sync with download report?!

Are you looking at dowloads or purchases?

For me, total purchases are in line with the payment, but indiviudal dates do not always match up.

Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk

I am looking at the purchases.

Eugene

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Downloads and purchases won't be in sync if people who purchased it uninstalled it, then later reinstalled it, and with similar scenarios. As long as you get paid for the actual purchases that should be your only concern, I think, unless they difference is huge.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk

Thing is that the number of purchases is not in sync with the payment and - measured in percentage - the difference is huge (35%)!

Eugene

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Purchases vs. payments? Well, one's measured as a simple number, and the other is in some currency, right? Those two things obviously won't be the same... maybe you can give an example showing what you're talking about (e.g. take your own values and scale them up or down by some unspecified amount, if you're concerned about revealing data you'd like to keep private). It might be a good idea to mention what currencies are involved too, in case there's a currency exchange issue involved.

I assume it's obvious that your actual payment should be no more than 70% of the value of [downloads times price].

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk

ReportSo for example on April 22 I had 4 purchases according to the Vendor Portal Purchases Report (see image), but the amount on the Payment Notification says gross amount $1.38 (which I translate to a payment for 2 purchases, since I priced my app $0.99).

Eugene

Please use plain text.
Developer
cwong15
My Device: Not Specified

You'll want to check the reports on Bango too. DR does PayPal and credit card payments. Bango handles carrier billed payments. I realize a PlayBook is not a phone, but customers who use the BlackBerry ID from their phones might also be using carrier billing. Search this forum for discussions on how to access Bango reports.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
alexperri7
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

My numbers don't seem to match either. I received two payments, one that was around $40 and the other was around $60. When I look at my reports, the total amount made was $208, so my share of that should be $145. Why did I not receive the other $45?

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Please use plain text.
Developer
cwong15
My Device: Not Specified

Once again, you need to include Bango, which pays 60 days after the month of sales. I generally receive 3 payments: DR and DR Ireland late in the month, and Bango's payment early the following month. If you only count these two Digital River payments, you will almost certainly not see your full earnings.

Please use plain text.