Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
Neeraj_kumar
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Phonegap App : Multiple build for one application in App world.

Hello Everyone, I facing an issue with release of app in blackberry app world. My issue is , i have two builds of same application one for Blackberry touch devices i.e. Blackberry torch and one build for Blackberry non-touch devices i.e. bold and curve. I just wanted to know that , how we can release the same app with two builds in Blackberry app world? After building the application using phonegap, we have 2 folders named StandardInstall having the .alx and .cod files and OTAInstall having the .jad and .cod files. For submitting to the app world, which are the files needed ? (Is it StandardInstall or OTAInstall)? If it is StandardInstall, do we have to give 2 builds (zipped) for touch and non-touch devices? Or having a single build (1 zip) with 1.alx file referring to 2 .cod files (cod file for touch and non-touch-devices)? Can anyone please explain the procedure to this. Any document or links will be helpful. Thank you
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Phonegap App : Multiple build for one application in App world.

You just need the COD files from the StandardInstall directory. You can upload these for either app to the App World vendor portal specifying which devices are supported for each.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Neeraj_kumar

Hi Garett, Thanks for your reply. So is it like when we will submit the app to the blackberry app world , we need to submit 2 .cod file from standard install of different builds , under the same app name specifying what all devices each .cod file will support. And the redirection of required .cod file will be handled by blackberry app world based on the user handset request (i.e. on which device user want to download the app). Thanks.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

You can submit both versions of the app under the same application in the vendor portal, you just need to add them as separate file bundles with separate supported devices:

filebundles.jpg

Give this a try and let me know if you experience any difficulties.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Neeraj_kumar

Hi Garett,

Thank you very much for your guidance. I will follow the same process and let u know if i will find any problem.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.