Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
HybridMind
My Device: PlayBook Developer
Accepted Solution

PlayBook AppWorld Process Question

I had my latest game approved for the PlayBook last week and I received the email that stated I should login to the AppWorld and "Post for Sale."

I already have a new version update that I want to upload though.

Is there any recommended workflow path to how to approach this?

I don't believe that PlayBook games are even available for sale yet as the device hasn't launched? 

I guess my question is should I hold off on "Posting for Sale" my approved version until I upload my new release for approval or should I "Post For Sale" and upload the new one?

Does each release take just as long to get approved? I don't want to hold up my game from being in the store as it seems the store launch is approaching.  

I wish this stuff was less confusing but I guess it's just unfamiliar to how all this process should work.

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: PlayBook AppWorld Process Question

You may want to upload your latest version since people will be hungry for PB apps in a few weeks.  The new version will replace the current version after approval.

The amount of time?  Who really knows.  I've had my upgrades approved in a few hours to a few weeks.  Since it may take some time, I would upgrade your product so you know (hope) it will be approved and available by the release of the PB.

Contributor
HybridMind
My Device: PlayBook Developer

Thanks for the response!

I went ahead and posted the already approved version for sale.  I then uploaded a new release to get the approval process started on that.  Once I got started on working through it it ended up making more sense and I see how it will work now.  At least the first version of my game will be in the store and then whenver they approve my new update I can roll that live.

Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

In my experience updates to applications have always been approved much faster then the intial version of an application.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com