Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
kemasD
My Device: Huron 8800
My Carrier: IM3

PlayBook Signed App Upload Failure

I have some problem uploading my signed app to the appworld. When the uploading progress bar finished, the "Processing File, please wait" modal box won't close, even if I've waited for a night. Anyone experienced same problem?

Here's the screenshot (the modal box just sit right there forever)

Error uploading signed File

My app size is 4 MB (offline webapp, with detailed cooking step using pictures).

Thank's

Please use plain text.
New Developer
naomipunkclan
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: PlayBook Signed App Upload Failure

hi

I have had the same problem. I was using Firefox on Mac OS X. Thinking that it is a browser compatability issue, and having recent experience that lowers my expectaions for smooth support for Mac OS X I decided that Internet Explorer is the only reliable option to try.

I have just purchased a MacUpdate Bundle that includes Parallels for Mac so I installed this on my Mac and using Windows 7 with the given Internet Explorer, I just did the upload and it works!

So, if you can conclude as I have that Internet Explorer is the reliable browser for this purpose, try and use that if at all possible.

Otherwise, file a bug report.

regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Developer
kemasD

[ Edited ]

Well.. after submitted this issue to the issue tracker (no response, somehow) :smileyhappy: I got this problem unresolved and I still can't upload my 3,5 MB files to the appworld..

Anyone could help?

I'm on Windows 7 and I've tried using

- IE7 -> Can't even click a button in IsvPortal

- Chrome / Safari -> Uploading always failed in without any warning

- Firefox 4 -> Upload progress succeed, but the "Processing File" modal box seems forever

Please use plain text.
Developer
kemasD

Still no solution here :smileyhappy: deadline is coming...

I recently tried to upload using the batch (.zip), but it went to the same problem, never ending "Processing File, Please wait.."

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Do you have a thread on the App World forums?  They will likely be able to help you more on that board.  Would you like me to move your thread over there?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
kemasD

No I don't, I thought I should post PlayBook related problem in this subforum.

Could You please move this thread to the appropriate subforum? Thank you for Your concern.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kgosschalk
My Device: PlayBook

I have this exact same issue.

My app is 22mb, though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MichalBobran
My Carrier: none

...and I tripped on the same problem today :/

Funny thing, I was just reuploading an app, that was not making any problems like that before...

Entire setup (win7 64, firefox) is exactly the same as before.

Any chances someone will fix this soon?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kgosschalk

I've been stuck with the issue for over two weeks now.

I am certain I've missed the PlayBook deadline even though I submitted almost a month prior to the deal ending, though of course my app was not signed correctly as Blackberry certainly didn't make the process simple.

I've tried uploading on 4 different computers across every browser.

I'm just going to give up on Blackberry at this point, have tried to get support but no help.

Shame such poor support from a developer who has such a open approach for development.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

All,

This is a timeout issue we have identified and will be fixing as soon as possible.  Uploading from a faster connection is one alternative.  We've had reports from some Vendors that uploading a tiny BAR file, and then replacing it with the larger file works as well. Again, these are only things you can try while we resolve the problem. 

As for the Free PlayBook offer - it's been mentioned numerous times and it is clearly stated in the Terms of the offer.  If you submitted prior to March 31 than you qualify and will receive more information once your application is Approved.  If your application that was submitted prior to March 31 wasn't signed and you need to re-upload the file, this will not affect the offer.

Please use plain text.