Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
yohanip
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

[Playbook]Custom App For Customer

Hi guys, just wanted to know, if it's possible / supported ? that we only deploy a program/app which is custom made i.e requested by clients for their playbook?

i meant, i'm not going to sell the app for the masses only for my friend and his playbook? is it possible?

using the debug token method, but it's kind of 10 days 'token re-create' which is not the 'ideal' way the client said

anyone had similar case?

Thanks guys :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: [Playbook]Custom App For Customer

You can do a sandbox install and have your app just as a DRAFT, and they can download the app that way.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yohanip
My Device: Playbook

jtegen wrote:
You can do a sandbox install and have your app just as a DRAFT, and they can download the app that way.

Hi jtegen, thank you for your answer, btw could you please elaborate more about sandbox install? is it after we submit our app package, we hold them for selling?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Upload your app to the vendor portal but do not submit it for review. Add your friend to the sandbox in the vendor portal (their BBID). From App World on the device, they can enter the App ID or App SKU Number to download it. They will not receive notification if the app gets updated, but they will be able to update it the same way they initially installed it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

You can just make a signed app instead of one that relies on the debug token. Apps can be "sideloaded" using one of several available tools (which Google will find for you if you search). It's basically like doing the debug token approach except the app ends up installed permanently rather than just for 30 days (not 10) as debug tokens allow.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.