Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
Accepted Solution

Please fix BlackBerry World site so it handles line breaks!!!

[ Edited ]

Within the app BlackBerry World linebreaks on descriptions are handled correctly, through a browser they are not.

Please fix as it looks terrible and extremely unprofessional.

For other developers please like this message and add any suggestions as I believe that BB only look at the highest rated threads.

For those just about to type 'Submit it as a bug', you obviously haven't tried this yet, submissions get even less attention.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Please fix BlackBerry World site so it handles line breaks!!!

Hi there,

If you could post an example of the issue to JIRA then post back the issue URL I would be happy to escalate immediately.

Thank,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780

Example -> go look @ any of the 100,000 apps in blackberry world

Clearly they know about it, and if they don't they are delusional.

I clicked apps and clicked the top rated ones (which by the way shouldn't be because the devs just deny anything not 5 star - the new BlackBerry world is rigged but anyways here they are.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2036/?countrycode=CA
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/96719/?countrycode=CA
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/102483/?countrycode=CA
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/110720/?countrycode=CA
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/75190/?countrycode=CA#
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/68966/?countrycode=CA

Also notice the Vendor for which these apps appear - gives you a good look at the ones who abuse the system.
Retired

Thanks for the details! I definitely see the issue and would like to get it logged, if you would like to follow along with the progress then I would need a JIRA issue to log against.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Retired

:smileysad: that's a known issue affecting a small amount of user accounts, should be fixed next week. For now let's see if the OP can post the bug, if not I will submit myself and reply back with the URL.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi Garrett,

Firstly thanks for the response however did you seriously expect one of us to submit a report in JIRA for something that affects every single one of your developers?

I still have bugs reported from weeks ago that are still unassigned let alone answered or acted upon.

I'll assume you've submitted it yourself by now.

Anyway nice to be proved right that these forums are more likely to get noticed than JIRA.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Hi All

Please confirm as per the title of this post and why has more people not complained about this?

It has been a few weeks since Blackberry 10 has now been released, this is a joke to see that the Blackberry World store front has still not got the layout and line breaks resolved yet? (WebStore Version 4.3.0-48)

The original poster is right, the app store looks so clustered and unprofessional? Why has a third party company not been given the task to manage it if RIM (BlackBerry) are unable to redesign it properly themselves. It has been a few weeks since this new appstore has been released and it still looks unfinished!

No wonder BlackBerry is a laughing stock to iPhone and Android!

BlackBerry come on, you have had enough time....SORT OUT THE BLACKBERRY WORLD STORE and show everyone you mean business! :Boat:

Developer

[ Edited ]

Well I finally found some time to get over to JIRA as obviously Garett had not as there was no response, only to find it's out for maintenance.

Come on guys you've got to be better than this.

Is your process when reading something fairly critical to all your developers to wait for one developer in a different timezone (i.e. me) to come back on a forum, read your message and enter the bug in a system he openly criticised in the opening message.

Garett, I don't know how senior you are but if you have any escalation system this is the time to use it!

Developer

New blackberry world is a joke.

The sorting is garbage, no more popularity ranking and the rating one is rigged so you can deny and non 5 star review and become a "Top Rated" app.