Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
NICK_312HOLDINGS
My Device: Z10

Re: Pooled/Dynamic licensing: any PlayBook apps using it yet?

We had an inital dialog telling the user they need to get the key from App World.  Haven't had many issues with it.  I've come across the issue where an owner has switched devices.  They just send an email once they discover their key doesn't work on their new PlayBook, and I change their PIN server side.  I even set up a form online so they can do it themselves, but it's not common it needs to be done.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I just realized (after installing your app) that you're talking about the phone version only. (It appears...)

Your PlayBook version does not use the license key pool mechanism, and no key is shown (at least to me) in the App World page for it once I've installed it.

What works on the phones, where users are generally more familiar with keys (as far as I know), doesn't necessarily apply to the PlayBook. PlayBook users generally have not seen apps with keys, and the dialog I showed near the start of this thread and the other issues I've raised are, I believe, going to pose real problems for many people.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
NICK_312HOLDINGS
My Device: Z10

I think you installed the wrong app. :smileywink:  We have 4.

While Unlock App is for both the Smartphone and PlayBook, Bridge Navigator is for the PlayBook and uses the model I described earlier.