Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
26filip
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE
My Carrier: P4

Poor contact with BB World Vendor Support

I'm very disapointed in contact with BB World Vendor Support via this form.

I sent more than three messages, but nobody answers. First message I sent about 10 jan, so they had many time to answer.

I'm also very disapointed with this, that BB nothing say about apps approval time - someone have apps waiting from begining of january, but others have apps that sent about 20 jan and were approved...

So I want to read here offical info from BB about those problems.

So I please You to don't writing in this topic: "I have the same problem" etc :smileywink:

PS. On Twitter also nobody answers :smileywink:

All time online :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arnold501
My Device: 9900 8520 9320
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Poor contact with BB World Vendor Support

Hi 26filip,

I am experiencing the same kind of issue,  unfortunately I posted before I saw your post.  Have you had any luck?  I have tried all the possible emails for vendor support, and I have tried faxing as well, but no response yet.  

I agree that there should be more information on the process for approving apps.  Sometimes, my apps are approved within a few days which I am really happy about, other times its a waiting game.  I understand there are many, many, many developers, however its very difficult to market apps that you have no idea when they will be made availabe.

Please use plain text.
Developer
26filip
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE
My Carrier: P4

I didn't get any answer for my emails and submitted contact forms...

Only on this forums I got any answer :smileywink:
All time online :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arnold501

Ja, that's what I thought :manlol:

Sad to say, but I will probably have to stop trying to make contact with vendor support for now, and I will likely have to put my marketing campaigns on hold for a while too.  Better if I focus my attention on something else in the mean time while I wait for my apps to be approved by BlackBerry, if at all.  Probably by that time BB X1000 will be out and I will have to redo everything or adapt to some alien code.   

Happy development! :Shifty:

PS:  It's very discouraging to create apps for certain devices and have them deemed absolute by the time they are eventually released.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jadouber
My Device: Black Berry Bold 9900
My Carrier: KPN

Too bad to read that the responsiveness isn't that great. I wanted to post a message myself concerning my app approvial (I'm not waiting that long, not as long as U) but I was curious where they are in the queue of everything. Especially they said that the apps from all port-a-thongs will be checked at today.

Will all the other apps be there in it as well?

BlackBerry World submissions

YahtC - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/24150872 - Check it out!

Free Yahtzee game for you and your friends! Step up to the challenge and see who is the Yahtzee-champion!

Leave a review, thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arnold501

@ jadouber

Dunno,  I am aware of the port a thon apps getting checked and receiving 1st priority I suppose.  However, I find it hard to believe that only port a thon apps are being checked and not the rest of the apps.  If BB does infact give high priority to port a thon apps then I also suppose its thier right to do so, it just won't make them very popular with people waiting for thier apps to be approved.  

Personally, I have not entered any apps in the port a thon as I was very busy developing and testing my apps.  

Saying this, We can only hope that someone checks this post and helps us to get our apps approved.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jadouber

My app wasn't a port-a-thon app, so if they give priority to those, **bleep** :smileywink:

And I agree, hopefuly someone will see this and helps us further

YahtC - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/24150872 - Check it out!

Free Yahtzee game for you and your friends! Step up to the challenge and see who is the Yahtzee-champion!

Leave a review, thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arnold501

I got this information off BB blog a few minutes ago.  

"The BlackBerry Developer Relations Team is committed to ensuring that everyone who participated in our Port-A-Thons are rewarded properly. We are very grateful for the hard work and long hours you’ve contributed to building your BlackBerry 10 apps.  We are working hard to get your apps approved. We have teams around the globe approving BlackBerry 10 apps as fast and as accurately as possible.

Here is the important information about the All Aboard, Android, Community and Last Chance Port-A-Thons.

• We will have all app reviews completed by March 12, 2013
  • You will have until March 26, 2013 to resubmit fixes
  • All resubmitted apps will be reviewed by April 8, 2013
  • To be eligible for Port-A-Thon rewards, the cutoff date for having your app approved and up for sale in BlackBerry World is April 8, 2013
  • Your rewards will only be delivered once all of your apps are approved and up for sale
  • The draw for BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B devices and BlackBerry Live trips will take place on April 9, 2013 and those winners will be contacted"

Hopefully tomorrow everything will return to normal and the rest of us will be assisted.  Keep your fingers crossed! :Batman:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jadouber

That's what I ment with 'port-a-thon apps will be checked by today' :smileyhappy:

Leave a review, thanks!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
samyotte
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi amold501,

I checked the portal and it looks as though all your apps have been approved. Let me know if thre is anything I'm missing.

Thanks
Please use plain text.