Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Roshnal
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook with OS 2.0
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

Port-a-Thon Payments

Hi,

First of all, I'm pretty sure this isn't the right forum, but I couldn't find the correct one. So please forgive me :smileyhappy:

I have participated in the last two port-a-thons-- Android port-a-thon and the Last Chance port-a-thon --and I have submitted 2 and 5 apps respectively.

My first 2 apps (2 out of 2 total) for the Android port-a-thon got accepted about 1.5 weeks ago and they're now "Up For Sale". But I only got one email confirming one app got approved (but I have read that this is the case these days). I have also received my $100 per app eligibility emails from RIM about 2-3 days after the port-a-thon.

The problem is, I have still not received any email from Touchstone or Milestone (?) as RIM said. And yes, I check my spam folder regularly. Any idea why this is?

Thanks in advance.

My BlackBerry 10 apps: Roshnal Lihinikadu
Lots more coming up!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
K2DaChris
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: O2

Re: Port-a-Thon Payments

I've got 400$ for the first Game-Port-A-Thon

I also participated in the All Aboard (1 App, 100$) and the Android porthaton (4 Apps, 400$)

i got "congratulation" Emails for all of them.

However, i didn't got any money from them.

Since the order was :

Game-Port-A-Thon

All Aboard

Android

i think the first round will be the All Aboard Payout. Then Android and so on.

Just wait :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Roshnal

Ok, I thought others got the payments and I'm the one missing out :smileyhappy:
Lots more coming up!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
K2DaChris

You can read my "story" about the first Port-a-Thon here :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/Blackberry-Port-a-thon-Reward/m-...

I'll post another topic here after the second round of "payouts"

Please use plain text.
Developer
Roshnal

Cool :smileyhappy:

But I did not receive the email from Milestone. I only got 2 emails (after 2-3 days of Android port-a-thon) that said "Congratulations! You are eligible for a cash reward!" only. It also said to expect an email from Milestone regarding the payment- but so far, no such email.

As for the Last Chance port-a-thon, did you receive your eligibility emails? 'Cos I didn't yet... And its been more than 1.5 weeks now.
Lots more coming up!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
K2DaChris

No.

I only got one email from milestone integrated, and this was from the first game-port-a-thon.

So they should connect me again.

Maybe they are "collecting" all Submissions together. 

So they will not pay me

100$

and then

400$

but 500$ at one time, for two porthathons.

But in the end, i just think they heven't expected that much participation, and now have to ""clean up" everthink.

I expect the money in mid / end of Feb 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Cash Rewards are distributed by our program partner Milestone. You will receive an email to confirm payment information from rimredemption@milestoneintegrated.com . If you live in a country serviced by PayPal, you will need to confirm your PayPal Account. If you live in a country not serviced by PayPal, you will need to provide wire payment details. After this information is provided you will receive your payment in 4-6 weeks. We are working hard to have the money transferred as quickly as possible.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Roshnal

Ok, that clears things up... I thought something was wrong with my apps only. :smileyhappy: Thanks guys!

Lots more coming up!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pacosal
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi there, 

I'm wating for payment too.

I sent 2 apps for Android port-a-thon and I received email from BlackBerry Developer Program that those Apps were  eligible for rewards, but I have  not received any payment at all so far. Next port-a-thon I sent 2 more Apps and I have not received anything. 

The 4 Apps are ready for sale. 

Maybe is soon yet?

Thanks, 

pacosal@gmail.com

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

well, im not too sure about the andriod port a thon, but they sent this out this email last week for the last port a thon event.

Hey folks!
Shelby Hanson and Lou Gazzola here from BlackBerry Developer Relations Marketing.
We wanted to share an update with those of you who participated in the Last Chance Port-A-Thon on January 18 and 19, 2013.
At that time, we said you’d hear from us soon on rewards. We don’t know if you saw the news and the tweets, but the Port-A-Thon was a huge success! So huge, in fact, that we are extremely backlogged in reviews and approvals of your apps.
So, we’re asking you to be patient a bit longer with us as the system gets cleared out. We will extend the deadline to get apps approved and will ensure you have at least two weeks to fix any apps that are not approved. The teams here are working around the clock calculating eligibility for rewards, reviewing apps, approving apps, etc.
More information will be communicated shortly along with your reward details on the Last Chance Port-A-Thon. In the meantime if you have any questions, please refer to the following two articles on Inside BlackBerry Developer Blog.
We appreciate your commitment to BlackBerry and we look forward to contacting you again soon.
Your number one fans,
Shelby and Lou

Please use plain text.