Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
bbblue3
My Device: DAKOTA

PortAthon Payment, Paypal Fee

Today i got an instant payment from Milestone for Gotgame Portathon ($700USD). Paypal charge fee amount for 700USD is $27.6USD (3.9% on the total sales plus a fixed fee of US$0.30 per transaction). Cant imagine i should pay 78.3usd (almost worth 1 app reward) if for allboard/community/android/lastchance portathon all my 20 apps approved. No alternative payment method beside paypal. I did not make an app just for paypal fee :smileyvery-happy: Sorry for my english
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: PortAthon Payment, Paypal Fee

If i remember correctly, sending paypal payments in the form of GIFT will not have any fee's.

Developer
DirkLuys
My Device: Z10 LE

I hate Paypal for their fees, I have to pay a fee just to receive the port-a-thon money and then to convert it from USD to euro! 

PS: your English looks pretty good to me! :smileyhappy:

Please click the like button if my post helped you! Thank you.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

DirkLuys wrote:

I hate Paypal for their fees, I have to pay a fee just to receive the port-a-thon money and then to convert it from USD to euro! 

PS: your English looks pretty good to me! :smileyhappy:

Welcome to Appworld and Paypal.  Even with RIM's own commerce it still sends our money using paypal.

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

pay pal has different type of accounts for different uses. You may want to check into changing the  type of accoutn you run to get more favourabl erates. *i think its business accounts or something but i never get chargred to received $*

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!