Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Three Mobile

Portathon (from PlayBook to BB10) - application denied - duplicate application!???

I thought the whole point of the portathon was to create a new "product" -  I even asked the dev support during the portathon whether we submit the port as a new bundle / release to the existing product, and they said "no it must be a new product", yet I got this email this morning. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do?

SUBJECT: ***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Denied ***
Dear App World Vendor,

We are sorry but your request for 'TrueSpeed' to be a product in the BlackBerry App World has been denied for the following reasons :

- duplicate application. please submit new release under original application or remove the application from sale before submitting this one for review

Thank you for your understanding in this matter,

Regards,

The BlackBerry App World™ Team

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Portathon (from PlayBook to BB10) - application denied - duplicate application!???

I asked the same question as you during the webcast and got the opposite answer: "submit as release to an existing product"...

I'd suggest to follow the instructions in the mail and to submit the port as a BB10 release to your existing app.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Regular Contributor

Re: Portathon (from PlayBook to BB10) - application denied - duplicate application!???

Seriously!? They told me "it has to be submitted as a new product" and went on to say it doesn't need screenshots etc. though.

I guess there goes my eligibility for the $100 reward.

Developer

Actually looking back at the webcast-chat (I'm paranoid and save everything) both options are valid:

Me: Hi! Sorry for bothering you, but didnt get an answer in the chat-room: When submitting PlayBook port can I submit as a release to existing product or do I need to define new product in AppWorld?

Brian Zubert (RIM - @bzubert): it's your call.  if updating existing, just need to mark bb10 as supported platform.  given the icon size difference between the two though, I'd recommend separate for playbook and blackberry 10

Me: I have already release for PlayBook, now I'm building a release for BB10 (bigger icon, recompile with Gold AIR). So if I understand correct I can just submit the BB10 release under same product and that's OK for the port-a-thon?

Brian Zubert (RIM - @bzubert): yes.  Just make sure you pay attention to the supported devices when submitting the update

Me: OK, thanks a lot

Brian Zubert (RIM - @bzubert): np

So your app shouldn't get denied because of a new product submission.

Try to contact BlackBerryDeveloperPrograms@rim.com about this issue

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Regular Contributor

Thankyou so much for posting that - I'll contact them and see how I go :smileyhappy:

Developer

Correction: the actual email is BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@rim.com (without 's' at the end)

Unfortunately the one I gave you before doesn't bounce back ( I found this just now), so just resend your question to the right one.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, done :smileyhappy: