Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
smartek
My Device: Playbook

Post your Port-A-Thon Status, so we get a overview where the current process is

Hi, I would like you to post your current Port-A-Thon status so we can get a overview where we currently are:

• Game Port-A-Thon: got all rewards
  • All Aboard Port-A-Thon: send my paypal account but still no payment
  • Community Port-A-Thon: got the you are eligible for the cash reward mail, nothing else
  • Android Port-A-Thon: got the you are eligible for the cash reward mail, nothing else
  • Last Chance Port-A-Thon: still my apps are pending reviews and I submitted during port-a-thon

what are your status? Plase post it in the same format so we can keep the overview

Plase "+Like" my post if it was helpful.
Developer
DueNorth
My Device: Dev Alpha

Re: Post your Port-A-Thon Status, so we get a overview where the current process is

[ Edited ]

Hi Smartek,

You aren't the only one. Mine is similar to yours but without the Android one.

• Game Port-A-Thon: Got all rewards
  • All Aboard Port-A-Thon: Confirmed Paypal account through website but still no payment
  • Community Port-A-Thon: Got the you are eligible for the cash reward mail, nothing else. All apps approved but one still pending.
  • Android Port-A-Thon: Didn't participate
  • Last Chance Port-A-Thon: Some of my apps are pending reviews (though some got approved) that were submitted during port-a-thon. No awards email.

I have submitted updates to some of the older apps (from the old Game Port-A-Thon for the new SDK). Not suprisingly, they aren't approved yet.

The bad part it doesn't seem to follow any rhyme or reason because some of my newer submissions got approved while the older ones just stayed stuck there. 

What I would like to see is some sort of "Current Approval Times" update on the Vendor's site sort of like what Apple has. Even if it is "three to four weeks", at least we get an idea. Right now... nothing.

Also I would like a fast track approval process for apps that were already approved (like what Apple has) so developers can update any apps with critical bugs. 

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: Post your Port-A-Thon Status, so we get a overview where the current process is

Same situation here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Contributor
Scott56
My Device: Dev Alpha

I submitted one app during last chance, still pending review.

Regular Contributor
vbovio
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

for me:

• Game Port-A-Thon: got all rewards.
  • All Aboard Port-A-Thon: submitted 1 app, got rejected, reuploaded and still waiting for review..
  • Community Port-A-Thon: did not participate.
  • Android Port-A-Thon: did not participate.
  • Last Chance Port-A-Thon: submitted 1 app, still waiting for review..

it's been a while since the all-aboard, hope to get news soon..

BovioSoft Games
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

I have recieved one payment earlier this week. I believe it is from the All-Aboard Port-a-thon in mid-December. Also of note is that PayPal took a signifcant fee for themselves...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer
hari1
My Device: None right now

Ho much fee did PayPal charge?
Contributor
mjeselyn
My Device: 1

3.9% on the total sales plus a fixed fee of US$0.30 per transaction.

So if 20 your apps approved, paypal will charged (2000 x 0.039) + 0.30 = 78.3 USD. Very crazy fee.
Developer
hari1
My Device: None right now

That much fee is just too much. Does Blackberry also provide wire transfer facility?
Developer
lastone
My Device: Not specified

yes but only if your country not covered by paypal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.