12-01-2011 08:41 AM
My application is compatible with all BBOS5+ devices, but each time I release an update I need to re-check all of the supported device options on the Vendor Portal. Is there a way of including this information in the bundle? What would happen if I selected 0 devices?
Additionally, can users on devices running an unsupported (older) OS see/download my app if I've selected a minimum OS requirement?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-01-2011 09:58 AM
1) Is there a way of including this information in the bundle?
2) What would happen if I selected 0 devices?
3) Additionally, can users on devices running an unsupported (older) OS see/download my app if I've selected a minimum OS requirement?
1) No way, unfortunately
2) You must select at least 1 device. In general if you select one device, only the users with that device will see your app.
3) No. App World serves your app based on minimum OS and selected devices.
Example: you select OS5.0 as minimum supported and all devices - only users with OS5.0 devices will see your app
12-01-2011 10:11 AM
You can include a devices.txt file in your release bundle ZIP file, but I've never managed to get it to work!
The documentation used to say if you didn't include a devices.txt file, all devices would be selected. As you've found out, this isn't the case (no devices are selected). This has now been removed from the docs - it would be handy though (I tend to specify a minimum OS version for my apps then have to select all devices manually)
01-11-2012 08:50 PM
Devices.txt used to work, but stopped working when they updated the server beginning of January, as did the auto-selection of minimum OS from the zip file folder name. It's made uploading our releases a real pain. RIM, are you going to fix this?