Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
jaiaca
My Carrier: Rogers

Price Change from Free to Paid

How do I change my price from free to paid? I sent in an email to Vendor Support but no reply back from them. Also, I added a note to my ticket for my newest release (not approved yet) and still no reply.

Why can't I change this myself??? And why is it so hard to have someone change it? Is anyone else having this issue?

I made my game free so developers could check it out and give feedback, beta testing and such but not to be locked in so that I can never sell it!!!

WordsPlus - appID 19132685

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Carrier: none

Re: Price Change from Free to Paid

Did you use the vendor support form that's on the vendor portal login page? I believe requesting the change through there is the recommended approach. I'd do that instead of email, as emails can go missing (spam folders etc)...

The reason you can't change it yourself is something to do with them wanting to avoid casual changes back and forth, users getting upset that apps they thought were free and for which they gave good reviews suddenly become paid (yet keep those reviews, implying the reviewers thought that rating was valid even for a paid app which often it would not be), and other forms of abuse. The change is relatively new, which may explain some of your difficulty with getting it handled. Also they probably are completely swamped right now with the portathon submissions and getting ready for launch, so maybe they need a bit of extra time to address these sorts of requests.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jaiaca
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Price Change from Free to Paid

Hi Peter, I did use the vendor support form from within the vendor portal which is why I don't understand the lack of response. I didn't even get a confirmation email that my original support email was received.

So on someone's suggestion, I attempted to create a new product with the same bar...didn't work. It gives an error that the "package id" is already in use. When I click on "add release" on that error page it sends me back to an area where i can actually change the price. However, when I try the price I get another error  :smileyfrustrated:

What's going on RIM? 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.