Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
andreyavram
My Device: Playbook, BB10
My Carrier: Orange

Pricing issue in U.K.

Hello,

I sell my app at 0.99 since a few weeks and I had not change the price lately. How come that most of the users in U.K. get charged 2 pounds instead of 0.75 as it appears in AppWorld before they hit "Buy". After they click "Buy"  they get charged 2 pounds.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

It drive me crazy lately how many emails I get saying that I "Overcharge".

Please fix this asap!

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Pricing issue in U.K.

Normally changes like that take something like 24h to propagate through the system, but maybe in this case something went wrong. Can you use the vendor support form (near lower-right on the vendor portal login page) to report the issue, with the requested details of your app? (product id, at the least, and name probably too... whatever the form asks for)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
andreyavram

I already reported the issue 2 days ago, but I got no answer!

I also tried on @BlackberryDev on Twitter and still no answer.

One customer told me that many apps have this issue and they talk about it on the forums...

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Same here. Some users are being charged GBP 3, where F&F should be GBP 2. No price changes for over a year.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Here's the relevant blog post on that: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/blackberry-world-pricing-tier-update/

I had a CrackBerry thread where a user encountered this the next day after that post, but upon checking again in 24h per my suggestion, he said the price was fixed. Sounds from what you guys are reporting that something's gone haywire at least in some regions or on some servers though.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
andreyavram

As a matter of fact, yesterday, here in Romania, the price was 1.99 instead of 0.99.

Today, I checked and it's fine, 0.99.

But I'm still receiving mails saying about the overchaging, altough one customer told me that the price is 0.99 for him, yesterday being 1.99. It seems that it slowly  gets fixed for everyone.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Judging by the vendor portal reports it appears this has been  fixed, yesterday around 4pm, at least for users in the UK.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.