If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve
My Carrier: PLAY

Problem with App World and TEAM

[ Edited ]

I have questions :smileywink:

I create and upload application that can run from menu application.

When user not installed this appliction showed the information that there is no application installed and whether you want to download this application.

When you click on the OK button, the application passes to the official site and you can download this application.

But the App World TEAM rejected it!

I got this answer:

Dear App World Vendor,

While processing your application, Release '1.2' from your product 'Menu for Google Maps' (ticket 655319), for inclusion into BlackBerry App World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue.

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release.

While testing your app on the BlackBerry devices, the app allows the user to download Google Maps directly on the BlackBerry default browser. Based on our policy we don’t allow apps that install other apps and the app that’s getting installed also fails to launch.

Ok, i find in APP WORLD this application BBAppMaster:

Whats work this application?

When i click on program icon:

I got this screen: List of many application....

When click on app icon in this list:

I got direct download:

Why this application allow download user from BlackBerry Browser directly and why my app is rejected???

This is fair or logical??? NO!!!!

But, This means that I can also do this list in my application or redirected to a page where I'll have a list of 3 applications and I can be downloaded from the BlackBerry Browser?

As it is with these principles in APP WORLD? One application may be allowed another not?

Remember that I will always fight for fair approach to the subject.

PS: I can used BB in any title on my application? This is allowed?

Please use plain text.
Developer
CrackBerry_Bla1ze
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Problem with App World and TEAM

Instead of going on a hunt for others that are violating the rules, wouldn't it just be easier to make your app comply with them? Pointing out others that have the same issue and slipped through the cracks doesn't help your app get approved.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

It is better to write in public than in private, as he sees it more persons what is happening in the APP WORLD better.

I lost many time walkink with APP WORLD TEAM...too many. And i always fighting with no competence and no fair rules.

And i ask again in public... i can use "BB" in my title application?

There is a proverb ... "Either fish or aquarium"

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

kris0725pl wrote:

And i ask again in public... i can use "BB" in my title application?

Answer is maybe

if your app name is 

1) Something for BlackBerry or Something for BlackBerry PlayBook

(or similar) then it is probably acceptable

if your app name is using the BlackBerry brand like

2) BlackBerry Search 

(or similar) then it is usually not acceptable since someone can easily confuse that with being from RIM which infringes on their branding/copyright

Once agian it is case-by-case but majority of the time it will fall under those two categories pretty clearly.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

Thank you very much for your reply :smileyhappy: Now i understand and never use option 2. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Kindly click 'accept as solution' if the question has been solved. =) It helps people not revisit solved threads. Thanks!

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.