Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
adalpari
My Device: PlayBook

Problem with Package ID (changing programming language)

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I've got a Playbook and I import a simple Android app to the market.

Now I want to "remake" the app in other language (HTML5) but when I try to upload the new version in the new language I get an error message:

"File bundle (xxxxxxxxx.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."

This is because I used a different signing key that is necessary for the language. I think I can't use the same signing key as an android app.

Any suggestion?
thanks!

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Problem with Package ID (changing programming language)

You should be able to re-use the signing key with any of the SDKs, as far as I know.

You may have to arrange to force the package id to be the same. If the tool in question (e.g. bbwp) doesn't allow that directly, this could still be done by unzipping the .bar, hand-modifying the MANIFEST.MF file, and rezipping it. A script could easily be written that would do that automatically too.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
adalpari
My Device: PlayBook

If I hand-modifying the MANIFEST.MF it reports me another error when I upload the app "invalid signature file"
I will try to repackage with the old signing key.
Thanks.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I'm guessing you tried modifying it after you signed it. That wouldn't work... you'd need to modify the package id, then sign it. If you'd already signed it, you'd need to modify the version numbers inside as well (since you can't re-sign any one version), which gets more complicated but is also possible.

Basically signing must be the very last thing you do. The whole point of signing is so the system can detect that it has not been modified.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!