Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
viethconsulting
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Problems testing app in 5.0 and 6.0 Simulators

Hello,

I've been having some major problems trying to test my app in any simulator that is not 7.0

My app functions correctly in the Ripple Browser (as well as Chrome with the Ripple Extension) and also works great in Android and iOS (older to current versions all work fine).

My app is HTML5+CSS+JavaScript and built with WebWorks 2.2 using Ant. I also use jQuery and PhoneGap (but I've tried without PhoneGap, substiting RIM API where necessary, and the results were identical).

It will compile without eror and will load and run fine in 7.0 simulators. It will build without erro and load but NOT run in 5.0 and 6.0 simulators.

I am not using any 7.0 specific API that I know of and really have no idea where to go from here. I cannot seem to find any helpful documentation for testing on these simulators or how to properly debug on them.

I have even tested with builds using alternative (older) MDS, but with no luck.

I am happy to offer more explanation and/or clarification, I just don't know info would be helpful at this point.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viethconsulting

Re: Problems testing app in 5.0 and 6.0 Simulators

Really? Nobody even has a clue of where I could start to resolve this issue?
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

I'd suggest to post this question in the WebWorks forum

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viethconsulting

Thank you for the feedback. I will do as you suggested.

Please use plain text.