Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
lougazzola
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Question about upcoming porthatons

nemoryoliver wrote:

@Lou it's already clear that we cannot upload bar files before the event right?

How about if we already did that? we have no way to delete the bars and products. How to? or what's the best thing to do to still qualify? just upload a newer .bar file release during the event? Thanks

I need to get some sleep, but will stay online for a bit!  If the apps have been submitted as draft, then just create a new app.  Drafts are not processed by BlackBerry  App World.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Thank you Lou, everything is clear now. The only thing that's needed now is better product management options in vendor portal, allowing deletion of denied/unused products, drafts etc.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mjeselyn
My Device: 1

Apps cannot be created prior to the event ?

So, upload graphic (icon, feature images) before event not eligible ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
FloPMT
My Device: PlayBook♥

Same question as mjeselyn. I have more than 150 apps to upload. I'd like to start before the actual event by adding images and icons so I just have to submit the 150 .bars at the actual event
----------
Please give free Likes if I helped you out! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
lougazzola
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

FloPMT wrote:
Same question as mjeselyn. I have more than 150 apps to upload. I'd like to start before the actual event by adding images and icons so I just have to submit the 150 .bars at the actual event

Here's my earlier post:

We had much debate and for the upcomming Port-A-Thon we've made the following decision and will be communicated to all that register for the event.

To be eligible for the Port-A-Thon an app must be created & submitted during the Port-A-Thon hours and submitted for BlackBerry 10 All Touch Device. 

For apps that have not been submitted for BlackBerry 10 but already exist for the BlackBerry PlayBook a new release must be created & submitted during the Port-A-Thon hours.

Apps cannot be created prior to the event and then uploaded in draft mode and then have the submit button pressed.

We felt this was the most fair way for all developers to participate in the event.  We understand that it's not perfect, and there is a draw for devices/trips to help those that have submitted apps during the event.

----------------------------

Note that the rewards top out at 20 apps.  I understand it's not ideal for those that have large numbers.  We chose an apporach that would be as fair as possible for all developers participating.

Email us at BlackBerryDeveloperPrograms@rim.com if you have issues/challenges uploading.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Lou stated it quite clear: no product submission before the event. A product submission takes 4 to 6 mins, even for 150 apps (do you use 8 different vendor accounts?) it will take 10 to 15 hours while the event runs for 36 hours... So you have still plenty of time.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

FloPMT wrote:

Wow 150 apps? do you have like 150 monkeys coding for you? hope they are not similar apps :Rolleyes:

Please use plain text.
Developer
FloPMT

Thanks @smiley. No monkeys. I just convinced a lot of companies about my ideas
----------
Please use plain text.
Developer
nemoryoliver
My Device: BB10 Simulator

I am sorry to ask again Lou, It is just not clear in my mind. I am not good in english too.

But uploading bar files before the event are not allowed - is already clear for me

How about pre adding a product and adding icons before the event? I am really sorry to ask again. because you just didn't specifically said about the icons only the submition things. Sorry.

Please use plain text.
Developer
FloPMT

Nothing like that allowed, to speak for Lou
----------
Please use plain text.