Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
nemoryoliver
My Device: BB10 Simulator
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

(@RIM Staffs) We need official answers for Questions about the Port A Thons. Please read

[ Edited ]

1. Can we join both Community and Android Port A Thon in Jan 11?

2. Can we pre upload the bar files before the port a thon? or we can just pre upload the graphics(icons, images)?

3. If we pre uploading the bar files will not count, how can we delete releases?

We hope one of the RIM staff will answer these common questions please. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: (@RIM Staffs) We need official answers for Questions about the Port A Thons. Please read

I'd recommend you send a Private Message within this forum to one of the developer Community Administrators with a message to check this thread. Note, it is the holidays, and there is a great chance some employees may be on holiday or away from work and the remaining staff could be shorthanded.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
lastone
My Device: Not specified

Re: (@RIM Staffs) We need official answers for Questions about the Port A Thons. Please read

For question 1, the answer is yes.

Q : I have both Android apps and other apps. Can I participate in both Port-A-Thons?

A : Yes, you can participate in both the Community Port-A-Thon and Android Port-A-Thon. However, an app will only be eligible once, and two versions of the same app will only qualify

Community PortAthon FAQ:

https://developer.blackberry.com/offers/communityportathonfaq/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bdaemon
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

2. Can we pre upload the bar files before the port a thon? or we can just pre upload the graphics(icons, images)?

RIM will not answer this question in public , as we have asked before the Game Port a thon Event , but no reply.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
samyotte
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey folks,

working to get an answer for you in the next day or two. I believe the answer is yes, but would like to verify
Please use plain text.
Developer
nemoryoliver
My Device: BB10 Simulator
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I really hope it's yes. cause I have already uploaded some bars of my apps and I have no way to delete them. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

waiting for the answer
Please use plain text.