Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
Fraggle222
My Device: Simulator !!!

Ratings/Reviews effected by App Update ?

When an app is updated on Blackberry world (new release posted), does that have any impact on the existing ratings and reviews that users see?

For example, on Apple's App Store, if you put out a new version, users will start to see ratings/reviews for that particular version and have the option (on some devices) to show "All Versions".

So I'm wondering if BB world behaves similarly or if it maintains the existing ratings/reviews from the previous release as if they were for the current release.

Basically, I have some decent ratings/reviews now and I don't want them to stop showing if I put out an udpate before the big US launch of the Z10.

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Ratings/Reviews effected by App Update ?

No, reviews/rating are not affected by app updates

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

At, I believe, BB Jam Americas last fall, they talked a bit about upcoming or potential improvements to how ratings and versions are handled, and indicated some plans to make changes in this area. None seen yet though.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780

Ratings and reviews are affected by the weather.

Last week my app showed 150 reviews missing 90% of the total reviews.

This week we are down to 30 reviews, 3% of my reviews are being displayed.

Next week I think the weather is supposed to warm up so hopefully this fixes the issue.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

As for missing reviews and such, clearly there are bugs in the current BB10 BBWorld app (if not also the server).

I've seen my list contain nothing but 5-star ratings even though I know a couple are 1-star ratings. The reviews in question were visible there, but the ratings were shown incorrectly.

In the same list, I saw numerous duplicates, not right next to each other but later in the list.

I'm pretty sure this particular issue is nothing more than some inexperienced developers not understanding how the Cascades ListView works (caching the visual nodes for later reuse, etc) since I recognize that behaviour.

Maybe not the same thing as mapelleafs90 is experiencing... but I thought I'd mention it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780

What I am referring to is specifically on the BlackBerry World web version and relates to all my BB 5, 6, and 7 apps.
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg
My Device: Not Specified

My BB10 & PlayBook app, (web interface) reviews are all gone after version upgrade.....

Regular Contributor
Fraggle222

sh2sg wrote:

My BB10 & PlayBook app, (web interface) reviews are all gone after version upgrade.....

Shoot, I have one of you saying there is no effect on ratings/reviews and then another saying they are all gone on the web.

Regular Contributor
Fraggle222

@QuiteSimple, see the post by sh2sg in this thread. They say the opposite of you. Have you verified your statement on both the blackberry world that shows on the device and on the web version?
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

all reviews are gone on web interface, I tried to select device as z10 or Playbook, but none of them appear.

all reviews are visible on PlayBook client incuding those reviews from z10 users which were only visible to z10 AppWorld client before upgrade.

i dont have z10 for now so can't tell what happens on z10 client.

looks like reviews are completly messed up after upgrade.