Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
Fraggle222
My Device: Simulator !!!

Re: Ratings/Reviews effected by App Update ?

@sh2shg, but are you confident that this is due to an update, or is it related to the post by mapleleafs90, which says that reviews seem to come and go with no rhyme or reason. Care to share your app name?
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

here is my app:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45598/

or search for Filmscope in device client

Please help to check if reviews are availble on z10.

That must be caused by recent update, I have provided updates couple of times, never have this issue before.

I think it could be recent web interface update? that fixed line break issue but brought new problem.

Regular Contributor
Fraggle222

Ok, looked at Filmscope.

On website for BB world, no reviews show. On Simulator (BB10 Dev Alpha) the reviews show (5 of them). Also, 4.5 stars on website vs a full 5 stars on simulator bb world. Sorry no actual z10 yet.

I noticed they fixed the line break issue as well. Was driving me crazy.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I think what you see on the web site depends on whether or not you're signed in, and which device you've selected. I'm also not certain that particular feature works properly (device selection) based on personal use, but I know it has some effect.

If you're proposing a particular app as a test here, we should know which device the reviews are for, and possibly whether one is logged in or not while viewing the page.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg

Thanks, good to know reviews show on Dev alpha.

So it is new bug of web interface.
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg

I tried to select z10 or playbook on web interface. It does no work while it used to work.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

@Fraggle222, I answered your question as how the system (BBWorld) is supposed to work (since you asked whether it is like Apple where every new release has its own rating/reviews). It seems the Web BbWorld is buggy (for whatever reason) and is not working as expected. IMO most users buy apps using their devices, so if reviews are ok on device, you don't need to worry that much.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg

[ Edited ]

OK, I don't think it is caused by recent AppWorld update, I recalled and realized this problem exists since January, AppWorld (Web) resets reviews/ratings after app version upgrade

Not sure if it is by design or bug, every time an upgrade is approved, all of existing reviews and ratings for this app are gone on AppWorld web interface although they are still available on device client. Every upgrade will start with a completely empty review section on AppWorld Web.

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

[ Edited ]

Suddenly clicked!

Realised this has happened to me as well.

Don't question yourself this is a bug, wiping out reviews on an upgrade means people will be hesitant in putting upgrades in.

Have you put a report in to JIRA?

Can you do so then publish it so we can vote it up?

Thanks.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Regular Contributor
Fraggle222

Let's get this fixed ASAP. Please submit to JIRA (is that accessible to anyone?) and let's all email vendor support or any other email address you have about it. 

I submitted an update yesterday and now after reading these last 2 posts am regretting it. US launch of Z10 is today on ATT so wanted some ratings/reviews for my app. Had 4 great reviews and it will suck if website won't have them now.

At least if device still shows them it will be better than nothing.