Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
tonydavidson
My Device: Not Specified

Registered as an App World Vendor 2 months ago but still no response

[ Edited ]

I signed up for BlackBerry AppWorld back in October. I set up my paypal account, paid my US$200 fee and sent in my identity verification information. Now, after two months, I have not heard anything from RIM. I tried emailing the storefrontmanager email address but all I get is an automated response saying that the storefrontmanager email address isn't monitored for vendor support issues. I cannot log into the vendor portal either because, apparently, my account hasn't been approved. I'm now at the point where I'm just gonna say to hell with BlackBerry development and call my credit card company to have the charges reversed. Emailing/calling the BlackBerry support is also a total waste of time because they tell you to send an email to the storefrontmanager email address.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Does it take this long to become a BlackBerry vendor? It took a couple minutes with Apple.

Frustrated.

New Developer
tonydavidson
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Registered as an App World Vendor 2 months ago but still no response

I guess I should have came on this board earlier and posted my frustrations. I just got an email stating that I was approved and now have access to the Vendor portal. I appreciate it guys but, come on, two months is just too long.

New Contributor
jmiles3bb
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Registered as an App World Vendor 2 months ago but still no response

I am in the same boat. I've been waiting for over a month now and now communication at all. I'm getting tired of waiting and I even emailed the support email address and no response. Though they had no problem taking my $200 immediately...