Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: 9360, P'9981, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone, Virgin
Accepted Solution

Reply to feedback/contact customers

Hi,

Does anyone know of any way to contact individuals that have purchased my app?

Someone has given it a very poor rating saying the app doesnt work - I'd like to contact them, or respond to the feedback to find out what the issue is.

I know the username of the buyer, but can't figure out if or how I can message them.

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Reply to feedback/contact customers

There is no way to do that. Even the "user name" you describe is merely the BBID "screen name". While it's unique (I believe), there's no mechanism by which one can trace back to the user behind that, nor contact them.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Unless you provided a Support Email they could send you a email feedback and you couldareply, but their isn't a way to reply back to the review written on the rating system.

Developer

Yes, I provided a support email, but they just rated my app 1 star and said "It doesn't work" without sending an email Smiley Sad
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

[ Edited ]

You can always deny the review if it is outright wrong/meaningless/etc.

If you haven't done this before, go to the "Manage Products" page for your vendor portal account,

click the link under the "reviews" column (the link text will be a number showing the number of reviews

you have) and on the reviews page click the tab for the platform on which you got the review you

want to possibly deny.  There should be a "Deny" button next to the review.  Someone at BlackBerry

has to complete the process.

Review denial, as best I understand it, is for removing reviews that are noise, and not for removing

reviews that are meaningful critiques of the app.  Developers who abuse the review denial process

might get their denial requests denied and/or incur deserved criticism from users for trying to pad

their numbers and game the system.

You might also consider posting the text of negative reviews on your own support site, with your response.

This could be delicate, depending on how you handle it.  An example of how this could be done well

might be if you get a pattern of negative reviews around some feature that you have, but is hard for

some folks to find, and that their reviews claim does not exist.  In a case like that you might update your

app description in BlackBerry World, and/or post responses on your own support site and/or redesign

your app to make the feature more discoverable, with the latter probably being the best and most

leveraged response you can make.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

By the way is your app a ported Android app by any chance?  I've downloaded a few free Android apps and

very occassionally seen them come up with a blank, black screen inside the Android player.  I have no idea

what causes this or how to reproduce it.  Since these were simple and not-very-good ports, I just deleted 

them and moved on. 

Developer

Hi UberschallSamsara,

Thanks for your comment.

I think the only thing I can do is make the instructions clearer.

It's not an Android port. Everyone else that I have spoken to and tried the app states it works as expected.

The issue with my app is you have to leave the active frame running - otherwise it doesn't work. I've put a please note message on app world, but I don't think people read it.

I've also included a message on the active frame, saying please do not close this window, and also put a message in the help screens on the app.

Seems like there is only so much a developer can do!
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Yeah either i agree on either make the instructions clearer or tell them to email you first before leaving a 1 start feedback review.