Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
KraKra
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Restoring in-app-purchase fails, attempt to buy again results in NullPointerException

> The Payment SDK group is experienced but there are always issues that will make it through to production. 

I am not familiar with the Payment SDK team members - our observations are based on pure "black box testing" of the public Payment SDK API. (Note that we have similar observations on some other "external SDKs" provided by RIM.) 

I found that three months ago, I have posted a couple of reports about basic problems with Payment API.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Payment-API-1-5-problem-getE...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Payment-API-1-5-does-not-che... 

Since we never got response on those two threads, we no longer bothered to report our findings. 

> If you encounter any issues please log them to Issue Tracker which is the official bug

> reporting location for all BlackBerry development issues:

Sorry, it was never clear to us where / how we should report those problems (for example advertising team answers to bug reports via e-mail, but payment sdk team does not provide any fedback protocol). 

Can you create a couple of JIRA issues for the forum threads mentioned above, or do you want me to create a JIRA account and copy & paste them ?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Restoring in-app-purchase fails, attempt to buy again results in NullPointerException

Hi KraKra,

Please feel free to go ahead and create those issues in JIRA, we don't typically log bugs on behalf of the community.

Just to clear things up a bit, the forums are a great place to receive support for development from the community and sometimes RIM (not always), but bugs need to be logged in JIRA to guarantee they get to the correct teams which can investigate and ultimately fix the issues.

Hope that clears things up :smileyhappy:.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
KraKra

> Please feel free to go ahead and create those issues in JIRA

Thanks 

I will get somebody to copy&paste the bug reports in JIRA when she has some free time ...

Those problems have been around for 3+ months, so if nobody else complained, I'd assume that they are not serious problems.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
KraKra

>  but bugs need to be logged in JIRA to guarantee they get to the correct teams 

> ...

> Hope that clears things up

I'd suggest that you include the appropriate contact e-mails / URLs / contact workflows in the Payment SDK package itself, so that developers know how they should proceed if they have a questions / idea / bug report.

I  made a quick search and was not able to find any contact info or instructions in the Payment SDK documents that I have locally. 

Payment_Service_SDK-Development_Guide--1311518-0829020826-001-1.5-US.pdf

Payment_Service_SDK-Feature_and_Technical_Overview--1502306-0906105946-001-1.5-US.pdf 

javadocs/index.html 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Support is the same for all development tools (forums and JIRA). We don't typically list the support information in Developer docs but it is called out all through the Developer Zone (developer.blackberry.com) as well as in my signature.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hoshurik
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: MTS

Got the same problem: 

1. Check network availability: 

do not proceed if CoverageInfo.isOutOfCoverage() returns true

2. Try to check for existing purchases:

paymentEngine.getExistingPurchases: net.rimlib.blackberry.api.paymentsdk.PaymentException: Couldn't get get response from AppWorld

3. Try to make a purchase:

paymentEngine.purchase: java.lang.NullPointerException

All the repeating attempts give the same results.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Roshni

Hi All,

We are having NullPointerException() issue on paymentEngine.purchase() call but in our case it is happening if while purchasing if user cancels or Press Back on the Progress screen which Blackberry show intermediate before showing Blackberry ID or Paypal screen.

After Once this NullPointerException() thrown, afterward each attempts to purchase will directly throw NullPointerException() error util we manually do battery pull and start the phone again.

Does anyone have solution to this issue, anybody from BlackBerry Developer Team?

Thanks
Roshni

Please use plain text.