Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: etisalat

Re: Rewards for the first port-a-thon event

thanks i get email about Device also Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

@Lou: you said that final emails went out.
I have the device here next to me, but still no payment.
Should I worry?
The last email I got was the one to confirm my PayPal address (13th dec).

Developer

i also got email about device and tracking number but there isn't anything about money and trip unitl now

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Folks here's the process for cash

1) Milestone sends you an email asking to confirm PayPal Account

2) Once Milestone recieves your email, they will then initiate the process with PayPal to transfer the money.

3) PayPal then transfers money

The process can take a bit of time because of holidays (we may have recieved confirmation while we were on vacation) and holds on funds between organizations.  Milestone asks for 2-4 weeks for the transfer to occurr but tries to speed things up as quickly as possible.

For the GDC Trip we have not sent out emails. They will be sent by the end of the month as we're negotiating prices for hotels, passes, and trips.  Rest assured that if you have qualified, you will be notified and I will be the first person on here saying "woooo whoooo.....we're sending out the GDC emails" I love saying "wooo whooo" and I'll say that when I meet you at GDC!

I appreciate your patience.  We're going as fast as we can.

Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

Accidently hit "post" ;-)

Anyway thanks for the reply Lou.

Developer

Great lou,

and if i want to make payment as bank transfer not paypal it's available. Smiley Indifferent

We make wire payments only in countries where PayPal is not accepted. 

Cheers,

Lou

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

lougazzola wrote:

Folks here's the process for cash

1) Milestone sends you an email asking to confirm PayPal Account

Hi Lou,

Can you please elaborate on when we have to expect those mails from Milestone coming? I have received device rewards back in December, but no mail from Milestone (checked the spam folder, wrote an email to BlackBerryDeveloperPrograms@).

I don't mind waiting few weeks for the cash, I just only fear that my entry might get lost. Judging the threads in this forum I'm not the only one in this situation.

I understand that Milestone is a different organization, but I would be greatful for any hint when the Milestone mails are supposed to arrive.

Once again, thank you for your time and effort answering all kind of questions here and on Twitter, we (the community) really appreciate it!

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry

Best to work with Amaris of BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@rim.com

We will ensure no one is missed. I believe she is all caught up in responses. DM me with your email if you haven't heard from her.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Airtel

For the GDC Trip we have not sent out emails. They will be sent by the end of the month as we're negotiating prices for hotels, passes, and trips.  Rest assured that if you have qualified, you will be notified and I will be the first person on here saying "woooo whoooo.....we're sending out the GDC emails" I love saying "wooo whooo" and I'll say that when I meet you at GDC!

Awesome, can't wait! Btw, when are you guys gonna send rewards for All-Aboard portathon? My apps are all approved. Few got rejected and I feel angry at some AppWorld testers who denied release of few of my apps because "graphics are laggy", "game closes out of nowhere", etc. The apps work fine on other browsers and I have done a lot of testing but I dont know why it doesnt run properly or lags in BB10 browser. There could be some issues with the browser or the OS itself, not mine. I feel sad because I will be getting less rewards even though I worked a lot on other apps. I hope next time, the AppWorld guys atleast test the apps on newer builds of the BB10 OS. It could be that the version they're running on has bugs. I thought the BB10 browser is the best because it has the highest HTML5 score and it's quite fast but it does has serious internal issues. Or maybe the hardware isnt powerful enough.