Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
binkat
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Wind

Sales down: is it me or AppWorld?

Yesterday and today have been very weak in sales for me. It all started yesterday (9 Apr) and continues. Today so far I got 1/15 of what I normally gross by this time. Mothing seems changed on my side: all up fors sale, no rating changes etc. Is it just me, am I dreaming? Is anyone else seeing that? Is that another over-the-weekend surprise server "change"?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cwong15
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sales down: is it me or AppWorld?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I'm seeing something not quite right too. One of my apps is in the featured apps carousel this week, so the dropoff is quite noticeable.

Update: I don't think I am seeing the same issue as you. My app on the carousel did have a sales drop today compared to yesterday, but it's not as drastic as you described for your case. Also, one of my other apps' sales is "normal". Whatever your problem is, I don't think it is systemic. You could just be having a bad couple of days. After all, this is the weekend, which can affect buyer patterns.  I hope you will keep us updated with your experience, and good luck.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
BBetter
My Device: 8500 - 9800
My Carrier: boostmobile/sprint/verizon

No, its not just you. 1/15th sounds about right (I've been scratching my head just the same). Being featured used to be a gold mine ( i stress "used" to).  The market has changed dramatically in the last year. Your not dreaming.

Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

My graphs are all about the same as they have been for a long time... lots of fluctuations around a slight downward slope.
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Once copycats release their apps you will see a down turn.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Check if there is a competitor's app being featured. Or new free competitor's app. Or bad reviews for your app.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

this morning a copycat dev released 2 apps that are almost 100% copy of my apps with 100% same features.

i've posted a new thread about this. 

Makes me want to quit dev on the BB.

Please use plain text.
Developer
sporadicsoftware
My Device: Bold 9930 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

Mine our way down too. Went to App World to see about bad reviews or new competition. Instead I found that searching using the main keyword for my app does not return any results. I contacted RIM about the issue. 

Nic

Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

Search optimization is critical !

I feel like a complete **bleep** after realizing how much money I lost for years just because I had not optimized for searches.  Just changed a few titles and sales tripled.

You can't just do simple titles like, "Print your own monopoly money", you have to put optimizations and catch phrases in the title itself, like "The Money App - Game Money ! Print your own monopoly money ! Easy Money !", and make sure there are no dashes or punctuation directly against any of the search terms.  Also, it will not find search terms if they are concatenated, i.e. if you have AppWorld in the title, a search on "World" will not find it.  You have to have both AppWorld and App World in the title to optimize for searching.

Next, you find every excuse to increase the number of occurrences of search terms in the description without making it look ridiculous.  But the title is more important.  If your competitor has Money in her title twice and 15 times in her description, and you have Money in your title 3 times and only once in the description, you will win in the search results.  (And then she may sue you for hindering her career.)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brew1
My Device: playbook 16 gig
My Carrier: verizon

Same here, previously any word in the description would come up on a search. Now when searching a word you only get a result if that word is in the title or dev name, period. I just upgraded to 2.0.1.358, I don't know if that is the cause. Try it, search any word, you will only get results of matching titles and/or dev name but nothing else. For example search for "skate fighter" ... you will be the only one who finds it right now :smileyhappy: I hope they fix this soon!!! Previously I could search skater, skateboard, or any word I had in the description.
Please use plain text.