Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
mobiledevfan
My Device: Not Specified

Scum review without any information approved?

I am really angry with the review system. Due to the delay of the approval process of BlackBerryApp world, I listed my applications on MobiHand. Many copies have been sold out. I have not got a single bad review. However after I just posted a few days in BlackBerry App World, I got a one start review. The user (or competitor) did not contact support at all and just posted some scum bad word about my application. I have no clue at all what happened to the user (or competitor) at all.

The review system makes it so easy for irresponsible users or competitor to abuse. Can RIM hear us? MobiHand only allows paid user to review? CAN RIM do the same?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sprintagal
My Device: 9630

Re: Scum review without any information approved?

My understanding is a review can only be posted when purchased/downloaded. Testing on my own BlackBerry I can't review any apps I haven't paid for. (im not sure about try and buy apps, but you at least have to download it).

The App approval process is well within the norm in comparison to submitting directlly to carriers, third party aggregators, etc. The only exception would be third-party websites like mobihand or the android market place that have no quality process (Android does but not immediately.)

BB app world sells much more than Mobihand, if you read through previous posts on the MobiHand debate, many developers have commented about how crappy mobihand is.

Any competitor that bashes a product for review strength should be taken behind the chemical shed and .....    So we are in agreement there.

Please use plain text.
Developer
lcamobile
My Device: 9800, 9630

Use the vendor portal and request that the review be denied. If the review really is unfair, they will remove it. Worked for us.

People CAN submit reviews based on the demo version in a try & buy model. To me this makes no sense since demo versions can have reduced functionality. We had this happen as well, but luckily it was atleast a positive review.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
mobiledevfan
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks lcamobile, I requested the review to be denied. The unfair review is gone now.

Please use plain text.