Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
paulkayuk
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Search by name

@Ryan, Is there any timescale for when this is proposed to be resolved, or are we all expected to re-submit our apps with new App Names and Vendor Names so that they can be found on a common search for their functionality built into the App Name and/or Vendor Name. To do so could result in a whole heap of 'bland' generic names in App World for apps with similar functionality, and their names being nothing more than a shuffled set of 'function' key words. Maybe it's time to introduce a 'keyword' search to save the overhead of searching the full 'App Description'. Meanwhile, I guess we just have to put up with reduced revenue, until potential users can find our apps again?
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Ryan, any progress on this? Many apps rely on keyword searches, and this is affecting revenue.

For instance, when a user searches for Google Drive, it would be rather nice if Files & Folders would show up like it used to. After all, it is the only PlayBook client capable of accessing Google Drive AFAIK. But then again, without search working, we don't know for sure...

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-580

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
osus
My Device: Z10

Please, find a solution for this issue, I'm also loosing lots of sales because of this :smileysad:

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Hi all,

No timeframe yet.  We completely undertstand the negative impact this is having on many of your applications and are working diligently to get the full search function back.  

Again, I sincerly apologize on behalf of the rest of the team.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I've seen sales drop 20%+ since this has been occurring. People cannot find the apps. Will RIM change their 70/30 split to reimburse developers from lost income?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gigiks
My Device: bb playbook

hi,

so is it fixed now? i still can't find my app unless I specify the entire name...

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

This issue was resolved last night.  App World searches now include product descriptions.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
mmd12
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Q10, Z10

Thank you, Mark.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I opened a new bug report
https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-614

Because I believe that if the person types in a phrase (multi-words) that that phrase should take a higher priority match than looking at each word in the phrase (which seems to be the current method).
Please use plain text.