Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Super Contributor
JeffLemon
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Set an app free?

I have an app that is $.99 on the store, how can I set it free for a limited time? The cheapest price I see is $.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Set an app free?

[ Edited ]

Right now I don't believe you have any practical options for doing that.

In future, the "promo code" stuff that they're working on should be usable for something like that but it's not open to all third-party developers just yet.

See page 12 of the PDF for JAM79 "BlackBerry World Product Roadmap" by Paul Hainsworth: https://bblive.blackberryconferences.net/2013/connect/fileDownload/session/C8F9FDC3CF360B1418BBA52AC...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
vbovio
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: None

Contact BB dev support.
BovioSoft Games
Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

yes, contacting vendor support is your best choice

as additional info: i also wanted to change the price of an app once (from free to paid), but that wasn't possible either. luckily it was still a draft at that moment, because i didn't know the price yet which my company wanted to set. had to contact vendor support, and they set the price for me WITH THE WARNING they wouldn't have done this if it had not been a draft

which means, if you want to set it to free, it may be possible, but setting it back to paid could be troublesome (or plainly not possible?)

haste to say it, but AppWorld does not give us that many choices :smileytongue: (I think I even wrote that in the AppWorld usage survey, but there hasn't been any change yet)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.