04-24-2013 09:47 AM
Lots of larger software development houses have their own issue tracker, probably tied into their support system, but smaller teams could find it useful if users could submit issues straight into BB World instead of writting bad reviews.
Advantages for devs:
- Less bad reviews is the users take the time to file in issues. Filtering could be the same as now or better, depending on the form shown to the user.
- Could potentially get device logs if BB allows it
- Quickly gathers if a new release has issues
- Can show users it cares by solving issues quickly
Advantages for users:
- Quickly knows if there are issues with a current version
- Feels empowered without having to do additional work (look for website, learn new support system, etc.)
- Check dev's track record before paying for an app
This could also be used for feature requests, at a later stage.
04-24-2013 10:14 AM
04-24-2013 10:33 AM
True, BB World is still moving at a very slow pace and there are more important features to be implemented first, but I'm wondering if other devs would have the need for such a feature.
It should not be JIRA or anything that complex.
It should be very basic in both it's UI and function, just like the review system.
It should be optional.
"Report a problem" is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. It will never look really integrated into an app and the user will have to go to a website to see his issues and will have to learn a new interface.