Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
mooret
My Device: 9530 Simulator 2.11.0.86

Size Restrictions

Can somebody offer guidance over what the maximum cod file should be for a paid application on App World?

I am looking at including rather large multimedia files within the application.  The informaiton I have found says that most phones have only 1 Gig of storage (and maybe much less).  Is 10 megabytes too large?  How about 25 megs?

Any advice appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
mkirkup
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Size Restrictions

There is no official upper limit on the size of a cod file today.  That said, it would be uncommon for you to have an application that is over 2MB without an incredibly compelling reason.  It would be more common on BlackBerry to download or capture that additional media or information outside of the application itself so that it can be stored on the SD card where there is significantly more space than to compile it into the application.

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jwegener
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Size Restrictions

Hi Mike,

I'm having the same issue.  Is there any sample code that you can point me to that would show how to have my app connect and download media files to the SD card on first run?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.