Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Sort by popularity and top free games list - total downloads regardless of rating?

Hello, 

Just wondering about "sort by popularity" on both web version of BBW and on the the phone. Is sort by popularity ranked by only total number of downloads and not by ratings at all (and only BB10 downloads)? Or do they combine the playbook downloads too?

I'm curious because I see games in "top free games" that aren't very high in their own category - for example, WordsPlus: Free Edition is high in the puzzle category (on the phone) but it's not listed in the "top free games" list (on the phone). While for others this is the opposite.

Thanks for any feedback

Jason

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Sort by popularity and top free games list - total downloads regardless of rating?

Good question! Don't know the answer, but I would love to know.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Developer
My Device: None
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Sort by popularity and top free games list - total downloads regardless of rating?

I'd love to know a lot of the metrics they're using for the "top" lists as well. In your category I've noticed the apps are ordered simply by number of reviews, descending. Actual review values are not regarded.
----------------------
Check out my app, Alien Flow for reddit

And of course, like my post if you found it helpful or informative!
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yup! I've noticed this too....very annoying that I can't rely on these top lists for my own stats but more importantly the average consumer wouldn't notice these inconsistencies.
Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality