Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Strange Arabic Comments on My app

I'm getting a lot of strange Arabic comments on one of my free apps (which is English -only app). All the comments when translated using google translate are gibberish words. I notice this 'gibberish' app commenting on other apps too but I wasnt sure if i was jus tnot understanding the lanugage or what. Seems like a Spam issue. Hope BB will take a look.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Strange Arabic Comments on My app

I you are certain they are gibberish, you can just deny the review via the Vendor Portal. If I am not mistaken, I think somebody on BlackBerry will also review these denied reviews (maybe not in detail, but just to check if they are not for gaming the system). And if (s)he does, maybe the spam will be noticed and investigated.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

ndsmyter wrote:
I you are certain they are gibberish, you can just deny the review via the Vendor Portal. If I am not mistaken, I think somebody on BlackBerry will also review these denied reviews (maybe not in detail, but just to check if they are not for gaming the system). And if (s)he does, maybe the spam will be noticed and investigated.

yes I am pretty sure. I google translated them. I have denied them already but notice thems howing up in other apps. 

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Maybe you should contact Vendor Support if you want that. Just click at the bottom right of the Vendor Portal on Vendor Support. Explain what you saw, and the spam you received. And maybe add on which apps you saw it also. Maybe it all came from the same spam users, and then the can do something about it.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter