Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + Dev Alpha B + PlayBook
My Carrier: O2 UK
Accepted Solution

Submitting ported BlackBerry app to PlayBook

Hi all,

I've written and released an app for the BlackBerry which is for sale in the BlackBerry App World. For sake of argument let's call it "My App"

I've since ported the game to the PlayBook with the same name and would like to add it to the BlackBerry App World.

However, I don't want to add it as a PlayBook release to my existing entry as the description would not be entirely accurate, and the screenshots would definitely not be accurate. What do you think is the best way to add the new app to App World?

Could I add an entry called "My App For PlayBook", then tick Override JAD Names and put "My App" in as the name, likewise call it "My App" in the XML file in the project - so "My App For PlayBook" becomes only an internal name for inside my Vendor Portal, customers see "My App for PlayBook" in App World and "My App" on their PlayBook screen when they install it?

Are RIM sensitive to the use of "For PlayBook"?

Bit confused - any help much appreciated!

Jim

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help fellow forum users! Please remember to click "Like" on helpful posts.
If a post solves your problem click "Mark as solution"
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Submitting ported BlackBerry app to PlayBook

A fair number of people have been using the "My App for PlayBook" approach as a new product in the vendor portal.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + Dev Alpha B + PlayBook
My Carrier: O2 UK

Cheers John, that's the route I went down in the end

Fingers crossed!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help fellow forum users! Please remember to click "Like" on helpful posts.
If a post solves your problem click "Mark as solution"
New Contributor
My Device: Bolt
My Carrier: Fido

Are we allowed to just port an existing flash app to playbook and get a free playbook?

It takes one day to port?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You can port an existing Flash application as long as it is yours.  You will need to adjust it to fit the 1024 x 600 screen and take into account some QNX specific events (swipes, orientation change, etc.).

You need to get it signed and submitted by the deadline of the end of the month.