Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
ale7714
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Suggestions RIM should work next year

So it's definetely necessary a tool for answer to reviews and contact the people who left them. 

And also since I'm here, please RIM released the final version of Theme Studio 6

Please use plain text.
Developer
LSphone
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330

[ Edited ]

The mobile Portal would be great, especially if it had a homescreen icon indicator showing how much money you've made for the day so far, with a red exclamation mark if a negative review has been left so you can jump on it right away.  Better yet, a banner notification that shows negative reviews pending response.

Responding to reviews, also agree very important.  And being able to contact the author.  How many times have we seen "can't get it to work!" in a review and wished we could contact the customer?

Also, customers should be able to update reviews, i.e. add a 2nd comment after an issue has been resolved or an update has made their complaint moot.  Otherwise they might be jumping for joy but their review from 2 years ago is still negative.

Since sales are so very sensitive to reviews on App World, please, may we have an improved system?

edit:

Also, wouldn't it be nice if we could attach a forum discussion to each app's store page, where users can look to see an in-depth discussion of the app, ask questions before buying that are visible to everyone, and get answers that are visible to everyone?

The "Downloaded Applications from App World" forum is such a dead place, attaching a forum thread "user discussion room" to each app would create more buzz for the apps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
StaticFX

1) Portal:

Mobile Portal would be great!

Better / easier reports would be nice.. How about a simple report (instant like the charts) that can you tell you the gross/net $ for the month. I hate having to stare at the graphs to try to see how much has sold!

2) TB6 - good lord its a mess. Vista64 here and i cant do a thing with it... its one big crash.

3) YES Playbook theming is a MUST!!!

4) TB5 - Release more details of SVG coding... not the simple stuff thats out there, the good nitty gritty stuff... like names of individual indicators (Ex:  :bluetooth: ) etc..

for all your theming needs go to http://bbthemelab.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
mlamagra

In the reports, it won't let us see past purchase stats for products that have been switched to Free, either permanently or as a promotion.  Products can be switched temporarily back to Paid just to generate a report, but that causes some problem and users start saying they can't download.

Maybe there could be a checkbox, "show all products in Purchases list".

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ale7714

[ Edited ]

StaticFX wrote:

1) Portal:

Mobile Portal would be great!

Better / easier reports would be nice.. How about a simple report (instant like the charts) that can you tell you the gross/net $ for the month. I hate having to stare at the graphs to try to see how much has sold!

2) TB6 - good lord its a mess. Vista64 here and i cant do a thing with it... its one big crash.

3) YES Playbook theming is a MUST!!!

4) TB5 - Release more details of SVG coding... not the simple stuff thats out there, the good nitty gritty stuff... like names of individual indicators (Ex:  :bluetooth: ) etc..

Glad to know I'm not the only one that want to develop themes for PlayBook... but only a few theme devs has actually express interest about it or even had said anything about all the wait for TB6. Maybe for RIM the theme dev comunnity is not the most important but what actually bothers me most is that we do not give importance to ourselvesI'm not saying that we all need to start complaining and making stupid comments but I'm sure if we were more interested we would be much more aware of how important it is to participate, comment and make constructive criticism that ultimately benefit us allMaybe when it's too late, those who make a living from themes and have to find another source of income will realize they had to get involved ..... 

Anyway, to not distort the thread: 

•  I noticed that some links to developers tools in the localized website for Latin America do not work properly. Please review this issue. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ShaynePierce
My Device: Bold 9700

I really like the mobile portal with the push notifications idea!  Some kind of homescreen icon with a download count or somehting.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ale7714

Most of theme devs will probbably has the same problem rigth now (because Theme Studio 6 haven't benn released) so I also have this request: 

• A better way to manage/select the OS supported by the app or theme.

Please use plain text.
Developer
StaticFX

PLEASE FIX TB6!!

It is an absolute mess... I have a storm theme that I am converting and i cant believe how hard it is...

some of the SVG code I have causes a crash on export... problems with landscape homescreen... 

HORRIBLE!!

for all your theming needs go to http://bbthemelab.com
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ale7714

During the last days I received a lot of emails from customers reporting problem with App World (Log in, buy and download) and I have reported the problem trough email and twitter and as you probably can guess no answer at all. RIM I think it would be nice if you implement a better way to communicate with devs something like the guys of @BlackBerryHelp whose make an awesome and fast job (I know are different things but you get the idea). The situation it's frustating lot of support, less sales not only because of the problem with App World but also because as a Theme Dev I can't make themes to devices with OS6.0 besides 9800. Hope soon someone from RIM  read this..... 

Please use plain text.
Developer
mlamagra

When users send in support requests from App World, could it automatically include something in the subject to indicate it's coming from App World, and the app name?  The phone model and OS version would help too.

Right now, almost every support request has to be answered:  "Which store? Which app? Which phone model and OS version?"

MobiHand is a fair example, it states MobiHand, the app name, and we can look up the rest by the order #.

Being able to search orders would be helpful too, at least to verify they've purchased and what they have.

Please use plain text.