Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
mlamagra
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Suggestions RIM should work next year

In the web store that's there, just click on the vendor's name.  They can type it in search if they want.  Would be nice to have the vendor's name clickable in the on-device store also.  At least AW shows it.  The MH on-device store has "From same developer" but you can't tell who it is, the vendor's name is not shown anywhere, not even in product detail!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ale7714

mlamgra that's right the vendor's name clickable will be a great option too! I know people can search for the vendor but let be honest it's more easier to click than search. Another thing I'm thinking would be great for devs it's that RIM adds other methods to downloads devs tools , for example torrents, most of the dev tools are large size files and in my case my internet connection is most of the time really bad so most of the time I have to make 3 o 4 tries before I actually succeed to download a file.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mlamagra

That's true, and sometimes when a problem report comes in, I need to download a few specific sims ASAP, so that would be good.  Although the problem of sometimes not being able to use the JDE's after installing another sim is worse than having to wait for the download.  Still don't understand the point of that; what good is a simulator if I have to uninstall it to be able to use the debugger, unless I delete my JDE config and set it all up again?  but I digress...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ale7714

I haven't had time to write before ... After much waiting TB6 Beta 2 is released, I know it is Beta and I have clear that's going to be flaws, but it actually has a lot of bugs that the earlier version did not even have, how's this possible?... And I'm not the only complaining because others devs said the same too... So at this point I have pretty clear that theme devs doesn't matter that much but ironically themes it's the biggest category in App World... So RIM how do you expect that App World grows and don't gives the proper tools to your devs?..... As I said before doesn't make sense.... I love BlackBerry and to make themes but this situation it's kind of disappointing.....

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ale7714

[ Edited ]

Sorry my bad duplicate post....

Please use plain text.
Developer
LSphone
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

Don't remember if this was covered yet, and I'm not going to search through 4 pages to see, but does the Vendor Portal have to log us out in the middle of submitting a new product, throwing out everything with no warning?  It threw out everything, and I wasn't even idle.  I was typing a short description after creating the preliminary stuff like title, SKU, license model, price, etc.

It is so frustrating, like being ejected from a bank because I was taking too long filling out a deposit slip, and they kept what I'd filled out so far, so have to go back in and start from scratch.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ale7714

I know I said it before but I think is so important to correct this I'll say it again, please RIM: add to the vendor portal I way to select exactly what OS the theme or app supports I'll avoid unhappy customer, bad reviews and unhappy devs. Also, please please please, when a customer send a support email automatically include: name of the app/theme, device, OS and if the person has purchased or not the product.

I think a lot of devs will appreciate a LOT if you work on this.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jeffrey0404
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: 3 UK

A theme builder for the playbook would be awesome.

I created a few themes for my BB Bold 9000 (thinking of putting them in the app world) but can't wait to see what the playbook will offer theme-wise.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
demarcodonjuan
My Device: Blackberry Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Agree. While people will want to get the same device but they want to be unique. Themes is one way to customize the device
Please use plain text.