Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
silver20

THANK YOU, App World, for today's ISV portal update

[ Edited ]

Especially, THANK YOU for adding a time-out warning with a chance to continue the session, instead of being kicked out and losing what you're editing.

Also, the darkened background in the reports graph finally makes it possible to see all 5 colors well enough.

:Rolleyes: and while I was writing this after clicking "Cancel" on the time-out, it apparently threw out my editing session and put me back in Manage Products.  Maybe it needs a tweak there...  it didn't seem to wait as long as the 1st time-out, or ask the 2nd time unless I missed it -- but it was not very long.

Please use plain text.
Developer
gyubok
My Carrier: Telus

Re: THANK YOU, App World, for today's ISV portal update

INVALID URL !!

Sorry!! You have entered an invalid URL. Please check your URLThis error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

....?

Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20

1. Clear browser cache, cookies, active logons, form history,

2. Use the original URL, http://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal -- not the bookmark the browser saved with extra stuff in the URL.

This happened also a year ago when they updated the portal.

Please use plain text.
Developer
gyubok
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks!

Just for future users with the same problem, whenever there is an update to the vendor portal, you can just clear the cache only.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Carrier: Vodafone

silver20 wrote:

Also, the darkened background in the reports graph finally makes it possible to see all 5 colors well enough. 

Whilst I welcome the new look & feel, I'm not so sure about the colours in the charts. The red-on-grey provides little contrast, and disappears almost completely when printed in greyscale. For anybody who is colourblind (7% of all men) the colour scheme may be a problem, especially with such thin lines.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman

I am constantly getting 'report failed' emails.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20

I take my "thanks" back.

The portal still kicks you back to page 1 after every edit, and has added many things you have to edit for every product, why can't it put you back where you just were?

Real reports are also not working.

Maybe this will be a repeat of last year, where they were broken for all of December and then well into the new year.
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman

Reports work now - but from 0 h to 24 h of Waterloo timezone (from 6 h GMT to 6 h GMT) which is different as it was shown in previous App World ISV portal. Graphs themselves show correct values per day.

Maybe timezone must be changed on the servers?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.