Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
shawnblais
My Device: Not Specified

Test House wait times are out of control...

[ Edited ]

Guys AppWorld TestHouse needs to be sped up, this is getting ridiculous.\

We need to be able to push out updates to consumers in some reasonable timeframe, and waiting > week to publish a fix is simply unacceptable.

My first App SkyTunes, has had an update sitting for 7 days now with no sign of movement.

The upgrade fixes an issue where the splash screen is not getting displayed, informing the user of how to download the server.

My own analytics tell me that 60% of people who download the app from appStore, are not downloading the Server from my website. This means they are probably confused on how to proceed since they get no instructions...

So I'm literally losing money every single day, while I sit and wait on the TestHouse.

Compare this with other services:

- Adobe InMarket - 2-3 days wait time for upgrades (I thought this was bad)

- Android Market - No wait at all, INSTANT deployment.

I have another app that I just deployed to Android and PlayBook simultaneously on Saturday night.

While my PlayBook version languishes waiting on the test house for who knows how long, the Android version has gone on to post 890 downloads in 2 days. I can only wonder how much income I am losing every day here... and am really anxious about how long my new app will take before it can be available to PlayBook user's.

I'd encourage anyone with similar experiences to chime in, let put some pressure on RIM here, they need to hire some additional staff, or relax their procedures, one or the other. The current system is not acceptable IMO.

Regular Contributor
Transcendental_Mobile
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Test House wait times are out of control...

+1
Developer
guru2000at
My Device: Playbook, q5, z10

i have the same experience !

+1!

Developer
Deevych

This definitely needs to be improved.
Don't know the Apple's AppStore approval terms, but waiting weeks for approval is annoying.
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Try the Apple AppStore... a Mac App update also needs a week... and I think it's the same for iPhone/iPad apps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer
GoldenJoe

And this makes a >week wait okay how?
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

If you refer to my comment: I didn't want to justify the wait-period- just point out that this is not only a problem with RIM.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer
chall3ng3r
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Z10 LE

I posted an update of my app EasyCrop on 24th of April. The whole last week went, and I thought by the end of last week, I will have it in App World.

But guess what? It's still marked as "New". I also updated product description that tells users that it now saves in high quality JPG format. And that description ticket was approved on last Tuesday.

Now, all the users who download thinking this is the fixed version with improvements I listed in description, but due to lazy guys at App World, all the users still getting the older version. Which is making the app reviews even worse.

It is very disappointing, that we developers were first not given the devices in advance to make the apps work correctly. Now when we really want to fix and post the updates ASAP based on end-user feedback, who actually have devices before developers, they are taking weeks to approve updates.

This is hurting developers because of lot of non-functioning or buggy apps, and also making bad impression of RIM for the end users and reviewers perspective.

// chall3ng3r //
--
- Our PlayBook Apps: IdeaPad | EasyCrop | Popcornia
- Free Icon Maker for BlackBerry PlayBook developers | 5900+ icons created and counting
- A Kudo is appreciated if you like my post :smileyhappy:
- My post soveld the problem? Please click Accept as Solution.
Contributor
srlake
My Device: Bold 9700

+1

Waiting since April 12th on initial release of one application. No updates from RIM!

Developer
sergeh
My Device: curve 8900

@chall3ng3r don't know why you updated your app description before having the actual app update approved.

It generally takes 1 or 2 days to accept a description but much longer for an actual update.
--
Bitbox