Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Testing app in DRAFT mode on DevAlpha

App World for DevAlpha is a separate instance. It does not get updates as frequently as the normal App World.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C

I followed the procedure with my DevAlpha and enter my App ID which is in Draft mode, and getting message "There was a problem loading this Page, due to a network error".

I got no network error, i can download other normal apps from AppWorld.

Is this procedure still working? 

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

This seems to be broken at the moment. Dev is aware and an internal bug is logged.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
mzex

[ Edited ]

Now i got download page, but getting network error when i press Download button.

Contributor
DigitalMaestro
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE

I'm getting the network error issue as well.  I have an app uploaded in draft mode and cannot download to the Dev Alpha.

DM

mzex wrote:

Now i got download page, but getting network error when i press Download button.

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst
Developer
willyyr
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A

I'm having the same problem with an app which is still in draft mode. It displays correctly but when trying to download it results in a network error.
Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Developer
mzex

We are hoping to get some official answer from RIM. Developing apps which have in app payments or invite to download via BBM is very complicated if we dont have ability to do proper testing via draft mode in AppWorld.

Retired
gbeukeboom

Still working on a way to test in app payments, for now local mode will get you 95% of the way there.

BBM invites wouldn't really benefit from Draft mode though. 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
mzex

I cant test BBM invite to download, because, if app is not on AppWorld, user which get invitation to download, will get disabled invitation. Also, i have complex logic of in app payments, and i cant rely on local mode, because, i need to check previos purchases, and that cannot be done in local mode. Because of all this stuff, app which i was targeting to be B4BB, and eligible for 10K commitment maybe will not pass testing B4BB on time, because i need to clear bugs in it, regarding in app payments section. 

Retired
gbeukeboom

For BBM it's still not overly helpful, even if the app is in DRAFT mode users won't be able to see the app directly, you need to enter the app SKU or content ID to download.

Past purchases can be checked in local mode if the purchases were made during the same session (without closing the app). The only other option at this point would be to do full live testing, but the iterations between cycles would be very long. If using a development language supported on PlayBook you could also use that to test for now.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!