Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Testing in-app payment service?

I'm running into endless problems trying to test out in-app payment service. Can someone help?

- In the App World portal, I have added a version of my app which uses the payment APIs.  I've kept this version as a draft.

- I have also added a virtual good to my app. It is also in a draft state.

- From my device, I can download this draft version of the app by using alt-tst in App World and entering its appID. [Note: alt-tst doesn't seem to work on all App World and OS combinations.]

- I can also see the virtual good using alt-tst but there is no download button for it.  I'm asssuming this is normal since this virtual good can only be purchased within the app.

Now, when my app tries to initiate the purchase of that virtual good, it fails.  It says "Purchasing..." but then I keep getting "AppWorld Response Failed Security Check".

Any ideas?

Thanks.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Testing in-app payment service?

I have exactly the same problem.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Solved.

This problem appears when you are using previous version of App World (v2). In-App payment testing works since App World 3.0.

But there is another problem with App World 3.0. At the moment it has a bug that doesn't allow you to download draft applications.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/App-World-problem-cannot-dow... 

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry app world allowing us to download draft application to test.