Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Developer for OS5, Using OS7 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Themes Are Taking Too Long To Get Reviewed And Accepted

Ticket IDs are -

633446 (Submitted on Aug 09)

633467 (Submitted on Aug 09)

635023 (Submitted on Aug 12)

Another one of my themes with a ticket id of 633443 submitted on Aug 09 has been accepted and is on Appworld since 15th august. 

Then why are these themes taking so long? 

The current status for all 3 of them is '32 - Theme - Waiting on Vendor'. Could someone help with what that means? Does it mean I have to do something?

Any support would be appreciated. Its just that I'm a developer on the Android market too, and the themes submitted there got approved within 48 hours and were live within 3-4 hours after approval. I don't seem to understand why BlackBerry takes so long.

Thank you for your help in advance :smileyhappy:

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Themes Are Taking Too Long To Get Reviewed And Accepted

RIM actually checks new products, whereas Android allows pretty much anything (although I believe they have implemented some sort of antimalware check recently).

A general rule I use for development is to allow 1 to 2 weeks to get approval by the various vendors (RIM, Apple...). Only Microsoft doesn't fit that rule with the 3-4 weeks approval time.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi CyberSky,

If the ticket status is "...Waiting on Vendor", this most likely means the application(s)/Theme(s) are awaiting information from yourself prior to approval.

You would have received an email from 'BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com' regarding the outstanding information required.  If not, this sending an email this address would be a good start w/ regards to finding out the status. 

New Contributor
My Device: Developer for OS5, Using OS7 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you for the clarification :smileyhappy:
I haven't received any email from that id, or any blackberry/rim id. So, like you said i've emailed them. :smileyhappy:

Lets just hope i get a response soon enough.